Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spare grille came today, and now I'm wondering if/when I get the second one painted to match my car's color (spare grille is white, car is blue), can I remove it on my own with little difficulty or do I have to remove the whole front bumper just to remove the grille? I should start investigating before buying parts for projects.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pop your hood, there is two bolts you need to take off and they are close to your headlights. After you remove those the grill will pop right out, it's a very easy job and only takes seconds to do.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bart68 said:
Pop your hood, there is two bolts you need to take off and they are close to your headlights. After you remove those the grill will pop right out, it's a very easy job and only takes seconds to do.
Its a little harder than that on the 08-10 models. You have to practically remove the headlight to get to the bolts holding it to the bumper. They are in the bottom inside corner.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So should I go through with this project, should I just have the dealership do it?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
D-I-Y!

Do It Yourself!

For the self satisfaction if for nothing else. Most of these parts just are poke an click plastics. Nothing to fear. :peace:

You can do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts