Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 XLS has some front bumper cover damage and I'd like to replace it. I have found the part on several websites ranging in price from a bit over $100 up to $180 0r so. Anyone have experience with these aftermarket bumpers? I'm wondering if they are the same material and sturdiness of the OEM on my Escape.

here is an example of one I have found. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_ ... scape.html

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Aftermarket bumper covers for my 2002 XLS are listed on ebbaayy for around $125 shipped. The FordParts.com website lists oem units for $245 & up - I'm assuming that's the dealer price.

Rockauto lists about a half dozen of them for my car. One of them by part number is listed w three options: economy, regular inventory, or CAPA certified. Economy is the cheapest at $65, while the CAPA cert is ~$125. A discount code there will save 5%, but shipping is expensive (~$90). I would assume the cheap ebbaayy bumper cover is the economy part - just a guess.

I haven't looked elsewhere, but if an aftermarket total shipped is $200+ (assuming the cheapy ebbaayy part is crap), then I'll probably go ahead & get the Ford part. Also, when I do, I'm going to ask if they'll lower the price by 5 or 10%. They probably won't unless I can locate a cheaper oem part online (Rockauto sells Motorcraft parts at a discount, but they don't list an oem bumper cover for my car).

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
So I bought one before the one I have now. It matched well and fit pretty good. Not as well as the OEM though. But once it was mounted you couldnt tell it was after market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts