Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know this kind of quickly, as I need to call the body shop, so if by chance anyone knows off the top of your head that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. If not, no problem, I know it's a long shot.

I have a new headlight (the whole headlight not just a bulb) and I need to know does the bumper cover have to come off to install it? I read the how-to for the 05-07 Escape's and according to it you do have to take off the bumper cover, but I can't really tell why you have to.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I want to do it myself or just have the shop do it. I'm friends with the owners and they have very fair prices so it's no big deal either way. If it's going to require I disassemble the front end I'd rather have them do it, if it's assessable from the top and bottom through the wheel well, like a 30 minute job (what is that, 2 beers E-C time? :lol: ) I can do it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Airmapper said:
I have a new headlight (the whole headlight not just a bulb) and I need to know does the bumper cover have to come off to install it?
Yeah, the service manual for the 2001 Escape shows the bumper cover has to come off - there are two bolts along the bottom of the headlight assembly that can only be removed if the bumper cover is out of the way.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for looking that up, confirms what I thought. :)

Actually I almost bought a service manual on my way home from work, but for $25 I thought I could find one online cheaper. Sounds like they are handy to have.

I'm going to let the body shop do this one, it's related to the damage from my accident. Thing that annoys me is I worked pretty hard getting that brush guard on there, didn't spot my headlight wasn't fixed until I went to adjust them that night after I got done with the rack. :doh:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Airmapper said:
Thank you for looking that up, confirms what I thought. :)
You're welcome! :yes:

I'm fortunate in that the shop where I work has online subscriptions to a number of manufacturer's factory service materials.

Airmapper said:
Actually I almost bought a service manual on my way home from work, but for $25 I thought I could find one online cheaper. Sounds like they are handy to have.
$25 for a manual sounds reasonable, I'd grab it.

Those who don't mind spending about $70 can get a service DVD from Taylor Automotive.

Airmapper said:
I'm going to let the body shop do this one, it's related to the damage from my accident. Thing that annoys me is I worked pretty hard getting that brush guard on there, didn't spot my headlight wasn't fixed until I went to adjust them that night after I got done with the rack. :doh:
I know what you mean! Good luck with it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts