Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was the guy at the light today with steam blowing out the grill of my Escape, and leaving a burnt Kool-Aid smell everywhere I went. :cuss:

Luckily it was a slow leak and I was able to get home. I located the hose that had cracked, and it looks like it goes to the plate where the oil filter screws on. I'm assuming this is the oil cooler. The hose that popped was the one near the oil filter (connects to the water pump then to a pipe that goes back to the oil cooler).

Does anyone know what this hose is called? I hit AutoZone and Advance and both had no idea, said call the dealer. I've looked through Fast Parts Network and couldn't locate it there either. For the time being, I found a hose that was similar and I put that sucker on there with hose clamps -- maybe this is good enough? :shrug:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
It does sound like an oil cooler line, not sure whether if it is supply or return. I do not have the cooler but looking at Alldata is seems these lines are hard lines except for the bends at the ends. The oil pressure is not so great that any commercial pressure line should work, cut to fit. If it is the hard line then Ford might be an option or have one made. Some auto parts stores can cut a flare tube to your needs.

It should not be a big job. Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The hose is two different diameters, and I was able to get one that was close. It was the right length and size, just didn't have the correct shape. Its on there now, and seems to be OK.

I'm just nervous that it might blow off, maybe I'll forget about it after a while. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts