Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, if anything can I replace the 07 dash radio w that, if I'm lucky, doesn't require any sub dash modding.

But I'd ideally like to throw something more current in it, that maybe has an aux. Right now it had the 6 disc system in it.

Ty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have to cut part of it out with a dremel or chip it out with plyers. You will need a wireing harness for the factory plug and a seperate one for steering wheel controls if equiped. You should also get a dashkit. Some will fit without one. I currently have a sony srs-900bt and im pretty happy with it. They have a new one out now. Srs-920bt i believe

·
Registered
2008 Mazda Tribute grand touring 3.0
10 Posts
I second the Crutchfield route, because their customer service is incredible. You could CALL them and talk to an actual person with questions. A company called.... Schoutch? Something like that, makes adapter plates to switch from factory to a single or double DIN, I've seen plenty, actually a guy had an android radio in a 2010 last week in my shop it looked good too. The adapters come with a replacement bezel so it will look pretty "factory". Amazon and Ebay are good sources for that stuff, Crutchfield if you want a lot of paperwork on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's 'Scosche'
Try this:
I might do something like this, I don't care about the whole ddin vs single. I know there's some nice single dins out there w aux / bt etc.

But ya, provided that closes up nicely, and a single din is found that I like. I've no problem whatsoever going this route.

·
Registered
2008 Mazda Tribute grand touring 3.0
10 Posts
I was thinking of this kit I but it's not on their website. Some other company does them too, "metra"

Scosche HA2157B I'm not sure why the listing says anything about Honda though. Metra Kit in Black amazon still carries many kits for the stereo. I lived in the city and anything better than factory was an invitation for a broken window/dash so I stayed stock with a GROM add on, and upgraded speakers in factory locations. Still sounds pretty good. Out here I might upgrade (out here in the burbs)

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
If this one does not support double din, there are others that will. The pocket is there to fill the space if you want to use a single din. It should be removable if you want to use a double din. There is very small amount of trimming that needs to be done at the top of the opening in the Escape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I'll, when ready to purchase, be going w the FMK-550 adapter and the Sony MEX-N4100BT. More modern radio... but has BT, USB & Aux.

Only thing I technically lose is storage for 5 CD's (6disc player to 1) but gain a little storage tray which is always nice lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No here's my next question, does anybody know of a harness that will allow me to direct connect the previously mentioned radio (my last reply) and the existing harness in the 07 Escape?

I mean I'm not against splicing, but why do it if you literally don't have to.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
No here's my next question, does anybody know of a harness that will allow me to direct connect the previously mentioned radio (my last reply) and the existing harness in the 07 Escape?
Try this:

You still have to match & splice the wires between this and the aftermarket radio harness... But you avoid cutting and splicing the vehicle's wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try this:

You still have to match & splice the wires between this and the aftermarket radio harness... But you avoid cutting and splicing the vehicle's wiring.
Don't believe that's 100% accurate, but oddly enough I'm pretty sure this is what I need. Forgot I had it from like 8 months ago. But it even has the, what I guess, is the smaller "amp" plug or something.

The 07 Esvape I have, came with the factory amp, and I believe that's what the other plugs for. With what appears to be 2 RCA type inputs, and the radio in question has I think it was 8 RCA type attachments.

Anyway, I'll figure that s*** out later.

But like I said, I forgot I had this... but I believe this is exactly what I need to handle all the factory audio that stuff most ppl don't opt for. Which as far as I can tell, is the amp in the rear gate area which would make sense for the second plug on the rear of the radio.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220107/67ef2e4aca774fbab09504f1257d728d.jpg

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Yes, if you have the factory sub you will need the 2nd (smaller) harness connector. If you don't have the factory sub then the second connector will not present in the vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts