Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me just start by saying hey to all the new members on the forum. I haven't really been posting much lately, but I figured I'd get some pictures up showing the overall change my Escape has gone through since my parents handed it over to me last year on my birthday (yes I got my license exactly on the day cause I was so excited :D). As with a lot of people on the forum, I put my wheels back on the other day after a LONG, LONG winter haha. The only thing I'm trying to decide right now is whether or not to put on my chrome steps bars or not. I'm leaning towards doing it to make the chrome match throughout.. what do you think?

Here's a bunch of pictures in order, the first one being the day my parents handed over the Escape, completely mod free.

Comments, likes, dislikes, ideas, suggestions, ANYTHING is welcome.

Let me know what you think! :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Looking good shimy! I personally like the chrome all around. Put the bars back on.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
...and chrome door handles. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
lilshimy36 said:
(yes I got my license exactly on the day cause I was so excited :D).
Haha me too. How much gas did you chew through the first week you got your license? :lol:

Your escape is lookin good ;) The headlight mod is the best mod that anyone can do to their 01-04 Escape.

And I agree with scottie & jp, chrome all around would look good :)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very Very Sharp lilshimy !!! :thumb: ;)

I think that you should put the step bars back on also. :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Love how your Escape looks, lilshimy! :thumb: And I gotta agree w/the others about putting the step bars back on. :yes:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Ditto what everyone said!!!!!!!!!! I like the chrome. I like the step bars. I like the Nerf bar. :happy:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks good! and i am jealous of the headlights. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Ditto all around...The chrome absolutely works with your car color. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Exactly...it's really sharp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for all the responses. I must say I was rather surprised with the compliments, I know a lot of people aren't fans of the oversized rims haha. I took everyone's suggestion and put the bars back on, which turned out to be a huge PITA courtesy of all the rust in the mounting holes from this winter. :wall:

But I finally got it done. :)

jpark said:
...and chrome door handles. :D
I considered this, the only thing stopping me is the six months with all the chrome off.

Tribby said:
Haha me too. How much gas did you chew through the first week you got your license? :lol:

Your escape is lookin good ;) The headlight mod is the best mod that anyone can do to their 01-04 Escape.
Haha I've been keeping track of my monthly mileage since I started driving, the first two months I drove 1800 miles EACH! :lol:

And I definately agree on the headlight mod. After I sold my old headlights, it ended up costing only $100 total for the mod. Definately worth the money.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The final result..

Up next, tinted tail lights. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I got LED Lights for mine on order :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
ive never done any research on it but how do you tint your tail lights? i know im not allowed because of my red reflector part. but i have debated seeing about turning the orange part read at least

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm jealous of your ride, lilshimy... especially since we sport the same color Escapes...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I got LED Lights for mine on order :)
I would DEFINATELY have gotten those and tinted them as well, but I'm just not looking to spend another $200 as well as having to worry about selling the stock tail lights after.. :(

CrashNburn said:
ive never done any research on it but how do you tint your tail lights? i know im not allowed because of my red reflector part. but i have debated seeing about turning the orange part read at least
Most do it with a spray-on translucent paint, but I've seen the vinyl overlays that you're talking about. I have NOO clue how they're installed though..

jhande08 said:
I'm jealous of your ride, lilshimy... especially since we sport the same color Escapes...
Thanks jhande, I wouldn't change the color if someone offered to do it for free (except for the plastic molding) cause silver's SOO easy to keep clean. My dad's new Trailblazer SS is all black, you drive it through one puddle and it's filthy. Major pain in the ***.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Surfscape said:
You can tell spring is near when the Escapes start to bloom in Chrome ! :hyst:

You ride looks great!!!! :yahoo:
Haha thanks a lot, and spring is definately here. I've seen a lot of people get their rims back on around here.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ohh yeah and just an update I forgot to post up, I finally found an exhaust tip. I got it from a nearby place called Stylin' Concepts for $15. Let me know what you think. :)

Before:

After:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts