Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Those are pretty sweet. I like your style. I say go for it.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Agreed with above. Smooth and simple... something I dig too (yeah, I said it). It's a once-and-only-once-in-a-while purchase, right?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS! I'm ordering them tomorrow. I'm also buying the tool to program the new sensors. How much dose the dealer charge for programing the sensors?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I wish I had a clue. I know my dealer will charge me about an hour's labor to reprogram my vehicle for 17" wheels and tires... I can't imagine it taking too long, and seeing as how you have all the parts in front of you...

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Looking great ! Good choice.

Tire rack view on vehicule is a really great feature!!

French

·
Registered
467 Posts
about those sensors...

last year when bought my sap escape i also bought 4 sensors off e-bay that were for my chrome summer wheels.

When spring arrived, put my chrome wheels on the car and did absolutely any thing to those brand new sensors from e-bay and they all been learned automatically by the car..... and they work cause last week i had a front wheel at 22 psi and the light was on...

So i'm asking why buy a tool if the sensors are learned auto.... and they work cause last week i had a front wheel at 22 psi and the light was on...

have i been just lucky or those have to be reprogrammed each time you change wheels?

·
Registered
836 Posts
The vehicle may auto-sense the TPMS and recognize them. When I looked into my wheels, the wheel guy said that you may not need the tool depending on the sensors and what is in the vehicle. Pretty much start it up and if there is no TPMS light, you are good to go.

I am liking the wheels in the 1st post. Those would look awesome on the right colored vehicle.

I check TireRack and DiscountTire every week for any deals. I love these:

29-32 lbs
$189 each

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Im excited for you. I cant wait to see what they look like. :rockon:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to try and put them on the truck on Thursday. Friday I'm going to be up in Mass. for the weekend. I want to try them on the expressway up there. I will post pics when I put them on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
sinister mob said:
I would buy the tool. Especially if you are keeping the old set for winter use. 2x a year that you would need to program them. Buy the tool and do it yourself forever!
That's a good point.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just put them on and I didn't need the tool. It worked just find. I have to wait till it stops raining so that I can paint the calipers Black And the rotors. But here is a quick picture.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Looks sharp! High-res pic next please :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
They were made for your Mariner! nice job looks clean and sporty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts