Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Tribute v6, and I am noticing the gas pedal is extreamly hard to press down. It has always been like this, but I just got it myself last month. I also notice that when I press the pedal and then let off the gas it revs up for a split second, almost like the pedal isnt depressing. I see there is a recall on 02-04 models for this exact problem. Should I look at having my accelerator cable changed? Or is this common to have a really hard pedal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just called the dealer, my vechicle wasnt covered by the recall. The cable itself is $44.00. He asked if I was sure it was the cable and the the throttle body sticking, as he has seen that a lot for the same problem. I am going to pick up a can of electrical contact cleaner this weekend and use some throttle body cleaner and a tooth brush and clean that all out, clean the MAF, IAC, and TPS, as well as clean and re-oil the K&N air filter and see if that makes a difference in anything. If not, then I will order the cable and install it.

Anyone installed a Accelerator cable before? How hard a job is it to do? I would assume it should be fairly easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts