Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonder who came the closets to running out of gas. today i put 57.907L of fuel in my escape. the light was on since yesterday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,541 Posts
I think the most I put in my Escape was 15.7 gal. That was a while ago though so I'm not 100% sure...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
That little orange light once came on with me, got a further 72 miles until..........
I had to take a walk with a jerrycan :doh: :blush: :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Big Chris said:
I'm not surprised. That was really pushing it. :roll:
Quite literally... :play: , Big Chris.
But we were up in the Scottish Borders, which is renowned for a lack of petrolstations, the one I was relying on was closed, so we almost made it from Jedburgh to Newcastle.............
Lesson learnt the hard way!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
escape08xlt said:
That sounds pretty close !!! :fan: I usually try and fill up when I get to a quarter of a tank.
Same here.
 

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,585 Posts
Dasha said:
escape08xlt said:
That sounds pretty close !!! :fan: I usually try and fill up when I get to a quarter of a tank.
Same here.
Ditto!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
cowards, live life excitingly, see how far you can go when the orange light glows!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
I was pushing it one time. I was on my way down to Indianapolis when I still lived in Chicago...along the way there aren't a lot of gas stations. The little orange light came on and the next station was still miles away! I finally got to Lafeyette, IN which is where Purdue is :( I hate Purdue. Anyways when I filled up I put in 16.2 gallons....I was damn near fumes!
 

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,585 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I finally got to Lafeyette, IN which is where Purdue is :( I hate Purdue. Anyways when I filled up I put in 16.2 gallons....I was damn near fumes!
Scott,

Would the "hatred" of Purdue have anything to do with the fact you are an IU fan??

We had a saying in Alabama that stated, "Friends don't let friends go to Auburn." I think you could substitute any two rival universities. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
cbramsey said:
Scooter Scott said:
I finally got to Lafeyette, IN which is where Purdue is :( I hate Purdue. Anyways when I filled up I put in 16.2 gallons....I was damn near fumes!
Scott,

Would the "hatred" of Purdue have anything to do with the fact you are an IU fan??

We had a saying in Alabama that stated, "Friends don't let friends go to Auburn." I think you could substitute any two rival universities. :lol:
That and I graduated from IU :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
When I first got the Trib in was half-way between noplace and nowhere and the orange light came on. I went another 45 miles until I found a gas station. So now I rarely put gas in until I see the orange light.

...I have many family members who are Perdue alumni. ;-|
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
MadMax said:
...I have many family members who are Perdue alumni. ;-|
:hyst:

Do I even have to respond to this? I don't want to hurt the feelings of anyone.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top