Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Escape that the Front Driver's Door is Sagging. My husband bought some replacement bushings from the auto parts store. Has anyone ever used them? Or should we go with the parts from Ford? It is just my husband and myself, so are there any hints on doing this easily?
thanks, mrst53

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have never done a door but I have seen a body guy adjust one til he got it right. Which leads me into the question of have you tried to just readjust the door by loosing the bolts and adjusting? WHen I saw it, it seemed as a tedious job. Constantly closing and opening of the door til the door sat right in the jam. What bushings are you referring to?

mrst53 said:
I have a 2003 Escape that the Front Driver's Door is Sagging. My husband bought some replacement bushings from the auto parts store. Has anyone ever used them? Or should we go with the parts from Ford? It is just my husband and myself, so are there any hints on doing this easily?
thanks, mrst53

·
Registered
482 Posts
Have you determined why the door is sagging?

Is the hinge out of alignment because of loose bolts?

Is the pin worn out?

Is the barrel (holes on the hinge parts where the pin goes into) worn out?

Is the body sheet metal where the hinges are attached to somehow damaged?

If you can post pics, that would be great.

By the way, use the grab bars when getting in and out. Leaning on the door causes the hinge to wear out fast.....don't ask how I know. :angel:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.