Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And hello to a new one.

I traded my baby for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited yesterday. Today, I started a new chapter in my motoring life. She was a good girl and I loved her dearly, but the time has come for us to part ways.

I will miss her, without doubt; we had been through quite a lot together. She was my ride in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, when I worked 7 days a week on the recovery effort. I put almost 30k miles on her in that 6 months. In fact, we drove through Hurricane Rita on our way to Baton Rouge, just north of NOLA, where we set up the first offices of the blue roof, debris, and public facilities teams. We've camped in the Smokies, raced in Texas (triathlons), paddled the southern US waterways, and spent a great may days (and nights) on the beaches of Panama City. I've slept and laughed and cried in that car.

I drove the new Jeep to Houston and back today, and while I love the ride, it just didn't feel quite right. Not yet, anyway. It truly is like saying goodbye to a best friend.

I will miss you, my friend.

Robby

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Awww...I always loved your Escape!!! And y'all have been through a lot together... :thumb:

But congrats on your new ride! Post pics, k??

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Oh, and I'm glad it was your Escape you said goodbye to...I was scared for a minute that you lost a loved one. :)

Good seeing you, Robby! :heart:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, y'all! I'm really missing the Escape, but this is gonna be fun. I got a base model Unlimited from a friend who owns a car dealership - probably as good a deal as I could have found anywhere. This model really is such a different ride from the Limited trim level I was riding in. I've always loved the Jeep, though, so I'm really looking forward to adding accessories and making it mine - it doesn't even have cruise control (but it's ordered. ;))!!!

The girls and I went out of town to visit the sick loved one you were worried about, Dasha. My brother is very ill. He looks good, but the doctors have forecast doom and gloom, so we'll be at his bedside for quite some time to come. They're both just now old enough to drive - Ashleigh has her license and Tiffany has her permit. We put the top down for the ride home, I let them drive and have the front to themselves, and they were loving every minute of it. As much as they loved the Escape, I think they've fallen even harder for this vehicle. It certainly does carry a cool factor to it when you're riding topless, ha ha ha!

I'll always have a copy of the picture, and I'll never forget how big a part of my life that Escape played.

I'll try to avoid stranger status, I promise!

Robby

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a quick pic of the day it was delivered - Tiff sitting in it outside of her work.

I definitly think it's time for the vanity plate - 2BTDRKS. Whaddya think?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Thanks for the pic, Robby! I think Jeeps are fun rides! :thumb:
I'm really sorry about your brother. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :heart:

2BTDRKS
Hmm.....I'm not really getting this...2 Big Time Dorks...no that can't be it... :lol:
Someone help me out... :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Nice looking Jeep! :thumb:
So very sorry to hear about your brother. :(

Dasha, don't feel lonely, I'm not getting the plate either. :shrug:
Now that's gonna bug me. I hate it when I can't figure something out. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good luck with the new ride Robby! Jeeps are fun. Be sure you get it off road at least a few times :yes: :peace:

I'm guessing the lic plate reads two bit drinks... You might want to be careful with that. You'll get M.A.D.D. members hunting you down for promoting drinking and driving...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
What's a two bit drink?? :confused: Like Happy Hour prices?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
2BTDRKS
to be taken down routes kicking sand?

There are a couple ways to work around that.

I've always had some respect for Jeeps. They really are purpose-built vehicles.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was looking at a jeep Wrangler before i got the escape but i got a much better deal on the escape. The jeep i looked at though was prolly never taken care of...oil was dark brown, VERY dirty engine, etc. I had a 2000 Mitsubishi montero sport before and traded it in for the escape and it would do everything that jeep could do in an SUV package...it was approaching nearly 200k miles (it was originally my dads) and i just couldnt stand its mpg and parts for it were hard to find.
I LOVED the looks of it and the tranny was better than the one in my escape and i miss it...sort of

Good luck with ur Jeep! and remember drive it off road once in a while for the off road is a Jeeps natural Habitiat! lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The plate reads 2 BoaT DRinKS, a Jimmy B song. "Got Salt"? was already taken, by another Jeep!

Thanks for the well wishes, my sister said his kidneys are functioning a little better today, so it's helping...each day alive is a positive step forward in his case, so keep pulling for him, guys (and dolls).

R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is my second Jeep - I had one before I had children, and I've always wanted another. When I finally bought the Escape over another Jeep (when my children were old enough to appreciate it), the main reason for the purchase was that I could put three teenagers in the back seat. If I had known that, six months later, Jeep was going to release the Unlimited model with exactly that capability, I might never have met so many of you awesome Escape owners!

So, I'm thinking it worked out for the best. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hey, it took you a lil over 2 years but you are up 11 posts!! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts