Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Scan Gauge II for my Escape.

I really like it.

It gives digital readouts to all the guages visible on your dash like speed, rpm, temp and gas remaining.
A few more guages are available like battery volts.

The trip guages are really neet and offer thinks like the average miles per gallon your vehicle is getting.
It calculates average speed for your trip, top speed etc etc.
It calculates fuel used, fuel left to go in various readings like gallons left, miles left til empty and cost of the trip.

It also scans for problem codes your engine might have.

Really easy to use, Plug it in to the OBD II connector and you are ready to go.

Now some of you would be saying. Why?

Well I am a guy, I love gadgets and this is a great gadget.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Well, thats the whole purpose behind these gadgets. These are the male human equivalent to a fishing lure.......
And, welcome to the city! :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Thanks for the review! How much was this gadget?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are in the USA, it is $170.00 plus delivery

If you are in Canada you add duty to the total. Mine came to about $200.00

If you want to read about it, you can just google Scan Guage II.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I have one also and so does PollKat.

I can vouche how much of a cool device this is! I have increased my gas mileage just by watching how much the slightest variation of movement on the accelerator effects it....definitely a great buy!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I also have one. I like it. Well worth its price tag.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone know if it will give my speed in both Kph and Mph?

Also, I saw the Aeroforce gauge and I like how it is backlit, does the Scan Gauge II have something similar?

·
Registered
758 Posts

Backlight? Yes. Metric or American standard values both exist.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Dasha said:
How much was this gadget?
There's a seller on Ebay Motors selling them new for $160 including Priority Mail shipping in the US. Canada is $20 extra. They say they ship direct from the factory so you get the latest version. Click here to see the listing. Sounds like a good deal to me...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also have one that I got on eBay packaged with the seller's own mount that mounts it up above the rear-view mirror out of the way. The mount is very well made, the SC2 has been in use now for almost a year and it's rock solid. I think I paid about $230 for the SC2 and the mount and extension cord, with shipping. I have increased my MPG quite a bit using it along with gas-saving tips I got from ecomodder.com.

Here is the one I got, the price has gone up a bit in the past year:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scan...Z380177270699QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I am new in the forum, I just got my 2010 Escape 2.5 4WD a couple of weeks ago.
In Canada I bought a similar gauge at Princess Auto for C$.150.00 plus taxes, is called MaxiTrip, It does the same, the only difference is a little rounded at the ends and doesn't have the different display colors, Check it out here:

http://www.auteltech.com/4in1.htm

Hugo

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought mine about a month ago from a place called Gifford in Canada at aboout $155 plus shipping.

The unit is top quality and my last distance to empty fillup it was within 1 liter of the actual fillup...very precise. I looked at lower priced ones but this one is recommended by more personal reviews.

This unit differs from others because it is totally customizable, backlight color, gauges you name it you can even monitor specific engine data. I have mine showing intake temperature so I know outside air temperature.

I recommend it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
that's a deal :beer:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow on my last fill up it was bang on the exact the amount of gas I put in the tank.

Now I have faith in the (DTE) distance to empty readings.

Awesome!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I have one, best $160 I have spent in a while. It has saved me over that in gas, being I am able to see what kind of mileage I am getting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts