Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone know of a good scratch remover. I was in michigan on the W/E and somenice person decided to use my escape as a spot to stop their shopping cart... Nice scratch they left me TYVM.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Can it be buffed out??? They selll scratch remover at Wal-mart or even the automotive store

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pics??? Rule of thumb is that if your finger nail catches the scratch you will be unable to remove it. Having said this, you can definately reduce the scratch with the proper products. Check autogeek.net for more details. Just search scratch removal etc...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
2010Escape said:
Pics??? Rule of thumb is that if your finger nail catches the scratch you will be unable to remove it. Having said this, you can definately reduce the scratch with the proper products. Check autogeek.net for more details. Just search scratch removal etc...
True....... You can also, if not too wide, you can get a tube of touch up paint from walmart or the dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive tried all the scratch removers on the market and the best ones ive used was quixx and scratch X by meguires. I would prefer the quixx because it removed large scratches that someone left while parellel parking next to my car. Quixx is good if the paint scratch is not tooo deep. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
MikeyJEscape said:
Hello,

Anyone know of a good scratch remover. I was in michigan on the W/E and somenice person decided to use my escape as a spot to stop their shopping cart... Nice scratch they left me TYVM.
Sorry @ that scratch. People too lazy to put their shopping carts in the proper place is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!!!!! :cuss:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Same issue with my fender rub/graze a few weeks ago. If the scratch is limited to the clearcoat, just wax the sucker when it gets nice outside.

Where in Michigan were you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts