Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im new here got invited by colleen on cardomain so i thought i join since everyone seems to know alot and i have some questions..well i wanted to ask about the SCT, Xcape a member from here told me to check it out cuz i wanna increase power so i wanted to get all the details on this part or similar parts that make me increase power so any help would be apreciated...

·
Registered
223 Posts
not to thread jack but I am also interested, I have seen many many many threads on this but they are usually filled with people who are already owners of the sct, from what I understand, you need to buy the tuner, with a custom tune, which changes shift points and air/fuel? Is it worth it, and is it difficult to buy/ use?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
To sum it all up....Yes it is worth it! I have definitely noticed a difference in the power and also highway miles. I used to never get over 17 MPG highway...I'm now getting 24. I don't know what changed....my driving habits could have a little bit...but for the most part everything has been worth it. Just having a better throttle response and firmer shifts will be worth it. I've also heard that by the firmer shifts, there is less slop in the tranny hence less tranny repairs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome and info on the part so where can i find one for my trib on a good price?...will i be able to remove the rev/speed limiter? im still a bit confused with this parts xcal2 xcal3 can someone like give me a summary of this and what they do and which one goes with my trib? thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
You will want the Xcal 3 as it is the newest and has the most options. There is a lot of information here: Clicky. When you want to order one, please order it through a member of this forum who is our custom tuner for everything: http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

Torrie will make sure to take care of you and he already has all of the tunes that he needs for our beloved E/M/T's.

If you want to contact him directly you can do so at [email protected]

:rockon:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scooter Scott said:
You will want the Xcal 3 as it is the newest and has the most options. There is a lot of information here: Clicky. When you want to order one, please order it through a member of this forum who is our custom tuner for everything: http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

Torrie will make sure to take care of you and he already has all of the tunes that he needs for our beloved E/M/T's.

If you want to contact him directly you can do so at [email protected]

:rockon:
awesome thanks man i'll contact Torrie for the details and all..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i sent Torrie 2 emails and no response i sent them friday if im not mistaken..is it that it takes time for a response? i really wanna get the details on this item to see if i can purchase it so anyway else i can come in contact with Torrie would be appreciated...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
He'll get back to you...it's not like him to ignore you unless he is on vacation for the holidays.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I emailed you twice within 3 hours Friday night and I have not heard back.. The only reason I did not respond faster was because I was on the road driving to Macon Ga to tune vehicles all weekend for the viper truck club of america.

SENT :Fri 11/21/2008 8:08 PM

I can do all of that for you. What is the exact ship to address ? I also need the vehicle VIN number

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)
http://www.FastPartsNetwork.com
http://www.UnleashedTuning.com
Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 5:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: SCT Xcal3 03'Mazda Tribute V6

hello Torrie i already send an email to [email protected] but since this one is more direct to u im sending it again through here...im from escape-city and they recommended i went to u for this allright well im interested in a SCT Xcal3 for my 2003 Mazda Tribute V6 i would like to know the price of the item,if u ship to Puerto Rico and price of the shippin and will i be able to remove the speed/rev limiter with it? thanks i look forward to hearing from u

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it out!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
See told you he was all over it :)

gianpmt....I would check your spam settings to make sure that it didn't send Torrie's emails into your spam box...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my apologies Torrie i really just didnt receive'em i checked the inbox and junk and nothing but i'll send u a pm through here to ask some questions and give ya the info much thanks Torrie and Scott...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody! I was at ************** but now I'm here. Don't know why the other shut down but I definitely like this new format.

Now the question - I know that the xcal is the standard in escape tuning, but I was wondering if it was possible (or anyone had tried it) to use a pwm pass-thru device to tune with a laptop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well im glad to say i got the device and it is truly awesome works great on the Trib she is more responsive and just works better overall...i gotta thank Torrie for the excellent service and awesome tunes he made for her so anyone that's got a Trib,Escape or mariner that wants to tuned them go with Torrie cuz he def. knows what he is doing :yes: ..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts