Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was exploring the sctflash site, mostly in search of an SCT Economizer Programmer for my 2009 Escape XLT with the 2.5 4 cylinder. The only vehicle that came up for my year/model was the 3.0 engine.
Does SCT make an Economizer Programmer for my year/engine of Escape?
Does the Economizer line of programmers work as diagnostic tools for getting trouble codes like the Xcal's do?
Do the Economizer Programmers come pre-loaded with a tune for my car if I could find one for my car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be interested in this as well as I have a 2010 2.5L 4 Cylinder Mariner. Also what are the major benefits in the Tuner and how easy is it to make your different programs and then switching between them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I got a SCT Xcal in early '09 for my '09 FE 3.0L and it wouldn't even connect to my vehicle. As far as I know this was the only '09 Ford product that didn't work. Some time this year, I don't remember when exactly I received a email about the SCT Xcal working on a '10 Mustang. I contacted the dealer who sold me the Xcal and at that time nothing had changed.

Contact this dealer: http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
slavrenz said:
Bump - what's going on with these? It's as if all development for the Escapes died off in 2009. I have tried sending emails to this company, but nobody ever responds :(
I finally got to live chat with one of their representatives. He told me that development is "forthcoming", but when I pressed him for further details, he admitted that the has no idea if or when they plan to develop a tuner for the 2.5L Escape engines.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
slavrenz said:
slavrenz said:
Bump - what's going on with these? It's as if all development for the Escapes died off in 2009. I have tried sending emails to this company, but nobody ever responds :(
I finally got to live chat with one of their representatives. He told me that development is "forthcoming", but when I pressed him for further details, he admitted that the has no idea if or when they plan to develop a tuner for the 2.5L Escape engines.
There are special issues that started with changes with the PCM communications in the '09 Escape. This has caused issues with not only engine tuners but other devices that use OBD-II. I received ad emails about their tuner working on the '10 Mustang but the '09 FE still has issues. Don't think that Ford is going to give out free info on PCM changes either.

If one searches you can find posts where their tuner is/was being used on a '10 SHO Taurus also.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Guess I've been one of the lucky guys. Did you buy this online or at a local shop? I just put in a zip code 20847 to look for shops in your area and there are a few. Maybe a drop in can help sort things out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts