Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to be a dealer a few years ago and looking to see if they have anything for the 09-10 Escape 4 banger. Would like to fix shift points a little bit. If there is one, anyone use it?

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should still have my account open at SCT, so I will call them and get one off of it :thumb: Just didn't know if they had an account for the new Escape 2.5 4 banger.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hope it works good on my truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's what I don't understand - if I am buying a new SCT tuner, why do I have to get it programmed by Torrie? Is it because the tuner does not come standard with a program for the Escape? If I have to get it programmed, can I buy a used unit on eBay that might say it is for a Mustang or F150 since I am going to have it programmed anyway? Is the hardware all the same and what makes it be for a certain model or models is the tune programs it carries on board?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Torrie has been a long time member and trusted source for our SCT escape tunes. SCT does offer "canned tunes" but Torrie has gone beyond that to offer unique tunes for your needs and he offers other FREE services here like looking up P/Ns and tech advise. So we kinda consider him part of the EC neighborhood.

You can buy a used one and any SCT tuner dealer can supply the three tunes that you can load and most do it for a lesser fee. I was Quote $50.00 once for three more tunes. They would be e-mailed to you and you need the PC software from SCT (downloadable) to load it into you Xcal.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does this SCT tuner increase gas mileage? 'Cause my mileage sucks big time on my '05 Escape XLT 4WD V6! I can't believe how much gas I go through, and I'm just doodling around town! My old '98 Windstar got better mileage!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Usually anything that improves performance also improves the efficiency of the motor thus improves mileage. My problem is, improved performance also leads to a heavier right foot :rockon: which decreases mileage...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah like SURF said. Also there are tunes for gas mileage where pretty much the car acts like it has no power and doesnt get into "HIGH REVS" I got that on my SCT as one of my 3 setting tunes, but have onyl used it once.

fotojack said:
Does this SCT tuner increase gas mileage? 'Cause my mileage sucks big time on my '05 Escape XLT 4WD V6! I can't believe how much gas I go through, and I'm just doodling around town! My old '98 Windstar got better mileage!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Surfscape said:
Usually anything that improves performance also improves the efficiency of the motor thus improves mileage. My problem is, improved performance also leads to a heavier right foot :rockon: which decreases mileage...
:wall: :wall: :wall:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts