Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well well well, I ordered a SCT X3 Tuner for my 03 Escape this evening from Torrie @ http://fastpartsnetwork.com He answered every email promptly and was very helpful. Now hopefully I will be able to get some power back, firm up the transmission, and correct the speedometer. Well I guess I'll have to wait and see...

:rockon:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do as soon as I get her installed :drool:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What programs did you go with? You should be happy with your order. Dont forget to maxamize the SCT X3, find your nearest dyno tuner and advid tuner tech to set up the E.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Osker,
I didn't specify, but I am pretty sure he will hook it up. I am thinking he will give me 3 different tunes. Can't wait to get it and plug it in, I am still in shock that I convinced the wife. :shock:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
HAHA, Im sure you'll get HIGH PERFORMANCE HIGH OCTANCE, HIGH PERFORMANCE LOW OCTANCE, AND MAYBE FUEL SAVER.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oskerb said:
HAHA, Im sure you'll get HIGH PERFORMANCE HIGH OCTANCE, HIGH PERFORMANCE LOW OCTANCE, AND MAYBE FUEL SAVER.
I see that you have some aftermarket wheels and tires there. Did the X3 fix the tranny from searching for gears? That right now is the biggest PITA for me and I hope this thing will fix it. :doh:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
After market rims, that I do. I have never had a tranny issues but the SCT X3 did indeed tighten it up my shift points, that is the best way to put it.

03BlkXscape said:
oskerb said:
I see that you have some aftermarket wheels and tires there. Did the X3 fix the tranny from searching for gears? That right now is the biggest PITA for me and I hope this thing will fix it. :doh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oskerb said:
After market rims, that I do. I have never had a tranny issues but the SCT X3 did indeed tighten it up my shift points, that is the best way to put it.

03BlkXscape said:
oskerb said:
I have read several great reviews.... So far are you happy with your SCT X3? :tumble:

By the way nice Escape you got there :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stone said:
Hi Don!. :hi:
Best of luck with that tuner.
Also thanks for the link.
Your welcome :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
WITH OUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS MADE FOR MY ESCAPE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oskerb said:
WITH OUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS MADE FOR MY ESCAPE
the excitement is building by the second, LOL :wave:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Never heard of anyone try. Only one way to find out

dyceskynes said:
Any word on how well it works on the Escape Hybrid? I see that it is supported.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick Update: I flashed my wifes Escape last night and took it for a test drive. All I have to say is OMG what a difference. Throttle response, transmission, power, and anything else I missed. Well worth the money spent. I currently have to set to 87 performance. Next is to check the gas mileage. Thanks y'all :thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any results for the mileage? I have been seriously thinking about getting one if only to firm the shifts and gain some MPG's. After that last bad snow storm I can't justify getting a car to gain mileage when I wouldn't be able to get out to work or hunt or anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There is a program for mileage, but in that your Escape is greatly reduced in power.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts