Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down last week and got me a SCT XCAL3 with 3 cutsom tunes. 83 ECONOMY, 83 PERFORMANCE, and 93 PERFORMANCE. I received the unit this past wednesday and so far am impressed. However to get the 100% effect (true tune) I need to see a DYNO and tune out the rough spots. This device is very impressive as in you can tweak just about anything. From WOT, shift points, rev limiter (idle and moving), speed limiter, spark adjustment, fan setting, and several other things. Not to mention that you can use this to do a DIAGNOTIC on your vehicle if you ever throw a code. There is also a feature that lets you records your vehicles behavior while having the chance to view several #'s .As soon as the first custom tune was uploaded I noticed the engine finally came together and for lack of better words, was in tune. The tranny was one of the things I noticed that changed for the better.

What I can tell so far is the tranny is smooth , quick better throttle repsonse, top end on each gear is impressice, my gas mileage went down as I am just stomping the gas pedal everywhere I go even on the economy setting, and etc...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
it doesn't happen to have a code to get more low end power does it? no need to look as of now I can't afford to purchase one but if you come across anything to the effect please share.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well no it doesnt, thats more of a gearing issue but I am sure someone (SCT DEALER/ DYNO tech) that is good with a XCAL3 can make it where your primary gears will shift between 1st and 2nd

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I didnt, who did you email? I didnt even get the email you might have sent me earlier about that band.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have a v6 06
with the xcal with three custom dynoed tunes
and it well worth it
but over here in the great land down under we get 98 ron petrol

have a good one

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
escapedtroy said:
i have a v6 06
with the xcal with three custom dynoed tunes
and it well worth it
but over here in the great land down under we get 98 ron petrol

have a good one
Really, what tunes do you have? Did you notice the change from pre DYNO to after DYNO?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a question. I notice sometimes when I punch it, mine feels like its stuck if 3rd gear and doesn't really feel like its going anywhere until it gets up around 3000rpm. Almost like a prolonged hesitation. Did yours ever do that, and is it fixed after the XCal.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems like I had that problem before I had added my new air intake. It felt like it was having a hard time from from 1-3, as in it sluggish and had a hard time "breathing" when I would punch it. After the intake I had no problem with that, then adding this XCAL3 makes the tranny connect!

·
Registered
232 Posts
what tunes i have,,

well i have just the stock tune, a more petrol conserative tune, and a 98 performance tune, i just leave it on the performance tune and drive lol,, getting about 12 ltrs per 100 kms,, i was getting about 14 before i tuned it..

notice a lot more kick down low but yeah i knwo what u mean about it being a little slugggish mine still does this some times but no where near as much or as noticable as b4, now when i hit it it moves and pulls harder, and roars nice and loud when WOT all the way from standstill ,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts