Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am in *serious* need of seat covers for my Escape! Boy...when they said these seats really stained easy, they weren't kidding! I have been picking up my kids the past week from swim team and even though they are fairly dry, the seats are stained from what I imagine is the clhorine. I have been reading the forums and shopping online and am pretty much confused (really nothing new ;) ). I am hoping to spend no more than $175 for the front two seats and the back 60/40 seat. One question that I cannot seem to answer is are there airbags in the outer sides of the seats? I don't want to get some covers and have them block the ABs!

The covers don't need to be leather, neoprene or anything else fancy like that. I'm just looking for something that would give good stain resistance!

Any real suggestions would be truly appreciated!

ps...although I don't post alot, I very much enjoy reading the discourse on this list! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
There should be little tags sewn on the side of the seat saying "airbag" if not go to the ford website and type in your vin number. You'll be able to see all the options the Escape came with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As a frequent beach visitor, and the lad being on a summer camp, I could recommend you 3M Scotch Guard spray after you clean up your interiors. The can of Scotch Guard is about $7 on Wal Mart or similar.

My Escape used about 3 cans on all seats, but you can use it even on floor carpeting, so, get an extra 2 cans fro all the carpets (even cargo area)

Try it, and save yourself a lot of money and of course, your car interiors! :)P

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I think I found a set of seat covers that will work with the seat airbags, and look quite beefy. They are a little more that I was wanting to spend, and they are not as "sexy" :blush: as some of the others but they should work...plus free shipping!

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers ... m_search=1

When I get them in, I'll report back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts