Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning gang new to the forum and new to a '10 escape. I would like to get some seat covers for my new ride but I noticed an airbag tag on the sides of the seat. Therefore I assume I should not be placing a cover over these is that correct? Also has anyone in the snow belt installed those windshield wiper shakers? If so what do you think of them. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide me. :wave:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't think there are any airbags in the seats. There are airbag sensors in the seats that determine if a person is sitting in the seat. I don't have seat covers, but others do, and there are plenty available through aftermarket sources, including Katzkin leather seat covers. I would think that using seat covers is alright.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Haha, so those shakers finally made it to the market. I saw a demo by the inventor several years ago, and they seem to work well. I have no first-hand experience though, but he did sell a bunch to several municipalities in Quebec, I think.

For a while, I had planned on making my own system with cables instead of an arm-mounted vibrator, which I could wire to completely lift up the arms when I locked the car. Never got around to it, and by now I'm just used to lifting the wipers up myself. I rarely have a buildup problem with the rubber booted winter wipers; and when I do, a few cycles in the fastest speed takes care of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You do have an airbag in the seat, this is for side impact protection, all you need to do is make sure that the seat covers have the slot made for side airbags, or are approved by the manufacturer for side airbags. This is just an excerpt from a sale on ebay from the seller " Confirm with your payment if your front seats have built-in side air bags (SRS). "
And heres the link to the page so you can see for your self. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cust...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3680wt_1165 Hope this was helpful, as for the shakers, sorry don't know a thing about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.