Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just bought an 08 escape that was slightly used. however the lady before me messed up the driver seat. not sure if she dropped a cigarette or what but someone tried to patch it up and it looks like a 3 year old did it. does anyone know how hard it would be to change my stock seat cover w/ another stock seat cover. i have an xls w/ the airbags but no power seats. and i found a set of the two tone seat covers for a great price that i would change all seats w/ what kind of project is this and anything i need to be careful of esp w/ the airbag?

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
IDK. Sounds like something that needs to be posted up once you find out how to do it, so others will know how should the time arrive... :thumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do i need to unhook the battery when doing this on account of the airbags im guessing? ill take picts if i attempt it myself. just curious if anyone has done this that could give pointers?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Have you done an online search for the proceedure? Some one somewhere else might have already done this and posted on another site. I'd say yes to disconnecting the battery. Do you have an automotive upholstery shop nearby. If you do, give them a call. Could be they would at least share the proceedure with you. Don't know till you ask! :yes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i asked the dealership when i was over there the other day. the guy told me if i have any experience with working on cars whatsoever then it wouldnt be hard. i did have to take the seats out, but as long as i pay attention to how the covers came off it wouldnt be hard to swap them out. so as soon as i get my board exam over with ill try it out and take lots of picts for you picture hungry peeps. jk

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Oh, that's no joke. We are picture hungry peeps! Heck, we're usually just hungry!! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Thanks for offering to post pics. I have an 05 with grey and black fabric seat covers and they seem to stain if water gets on them! :roll: I've often thought about buying a full set of leather seat covers, probebly off ebay, and installing them. One day, when I get the money I guess....

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I am currently using genuine lambswool seat covers. They are a smoky grey in colour, and contrast just nice with the black interior of cabin. They were tailor made to fit the shape of escape bucket seats. Very cosy in the winter. Also quite comfy during hot summer days. Easy to clean.

It is possibly safe to wash lambswool seats, but i would not recommend washing them too often. Excess washing may cause shrinkage. A reasonably safe option for lambswool covers , is to have them cleaned at a dry cleaners shop. For example the dry cleaners who clean your suits and trousers, coats etc.

I took these photos last year during the summer. Sorry that the outside environment is so bright. It was an incredibly blistering hot and glary day. The perspiration was flowing like crazy. Could not quite find the shade i needed. Only took a few photos, because i did not want to subject the Nikon D40X to extremes of heat.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's a great option Stone! Thanks for the insight!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts