Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a review but I was wondering if anyone has had these seat covers. I want to protect the interior and maybe spice it up a bit. and there cheap too lol. I was eye balling the black/grey ones to match my escape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-PIECE ... 3604wt_939

·
Registered
280 Posts
Never seen those before, but the black and gray ones do look nice. Small text at the bottom of the description says that the rear seat covers are two pieces for the seat and back support. That might be a problem if you have the 60/40 split rear seat in you Escape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it says top and bottom. so I wonder if its just like a big sheet and you strap it down?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually i have those seat covers in the black and green, They are Really Bright. They are kind of a pain, because they are not a perfect fit, but very close. The bottom of the front seats are my biggest problem, I think they were a little big. The back seat set are in 2 peices, a upper unit, and a lower unit. They fit perfectly. The back seat is my favorite. None of the peices are labled, so there was many taking them off and trying this peice. For Example the front seat's upper units have a hole for Side airbags, and if they are swapped the holes are in the center (looks like crap.) the Back seat upper unit, and lower unit are about the same. so you might have to swap them a couple time to get the right fit. There were no holes in the back seat for the head rest posts, so i made my own which i actually liked better, because the front seats had a strip of velcro across the top for their holes.

In summery, the price was right, the color was Way too bright. and the fit, was not quite right.

I would call it a 4 hr project, to get everything set. i will try to submitt pictures in a bit.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just wanted to add that seat covers will most likely interfere with the operation of the side airbags should they need to deploy. I believe there is one company (Wet Okele or something like that) that makes seat covers that ARE compatible with side airbags.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 05 does not have seat airbags, so it is easier to find covers that will work. But you are right, there are a couple of companies that make covers that have slits in them to allow the seat air bag to deploy.

·
Registered
375 Posts
bchunter said:
Here are the ones I went with:

Trying to turn my commuter into a Manscape.
:thumb: me likey!

I'm looking into seat covers for my '02 as well, and have seen the ebay ad from the OP and considering them at some point as well. That and an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
jkdubz360 said:
bchunter said:
Here are the ones I went with:

Trying to turn my commuter into a Manscape.
:thumb: me likey!

I'm looking into seat covers for my '02 as well, and have seen the ebay ad from the OP and considering them at some point as well. That and an aftermarket stereo.
That looks presentable.
Quite an effective design. :thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well... I ordered a set for my '03. They got in and I tried to put them in with little luck. The front seats were too tall, resulting in alot of excess fabric. Rear seats were about 6-10" too long from side to side. In the end, I contacted their support and am going to get a replacement set that they say is smaller, should fit. The replacement set can be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 3732wt_888

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.