Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I just got my 08 escape and the stains on the cloth seats are quite an unfortunate sight :( I am going to take it and have them professionally cleaned so that the stains will be removed. My question is that if I use scotch guard, is this a viable solution. I have lurked around these boards reading about seat stains and all I see are ideas of how to solve the problem but no definitive answer. So will scotch guard work, if not why?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Scotch Gaurd or not to Scotch Guard, that is the question??? Well I would and need to go ask the dealership what they use. When I bought my ESCAPE, they offered the service and I denied it thinking the seats were like the past TAN interiors, not hard to maintain. But now if purified water touches the seats it stains. Luckily I have a carpet cleaning machine, so that helps. But anyways ask the dealership and see what they use.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Scotchguard will help -- just apply often. The tan cloth on my 07 were horrible to keep clean. What kind of stains do you have -- which require professional cleaning already? I would try several DIY methods/products first. You can probably buy your own Little Green Steam Machine for the cost of having them cleaned professionally.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
The seats come from the factory with treated fabric. Or at least that is the story from Ford. My wife spilled some coke on hers, and so now it too is stained. Even with the Scotch Guard. :doh: :shrug:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
jonas1022 said:
The seats come from the factory with treated fabric. Or at least that is the story from Ford. My wife spilled some coke on hers, and so now it too is stained. Even with the Scotch Guard. :doh: :shrug:
All the dealerships I went to in and out of town all said the same thing about putting a treatment on the seats for EXTRA the price.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Is it possible to have them re-upholstered?. But then i suppose, they would charge some shocking price for that. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
If you want to sacrifice a completely wrinkle free seat to get rid of those stains, you should be able to remove the seat covers and throw them in the wash. I removed my bottom cushion and covers and threw them in the wash to get rid of some stains (and now food is prohibited from my car). To put the covers back on, I believe you need spray adhesive and some skill. I didn't want to buy a whole can of adhesive for just two cushions, so I just put them on 'dry'. There are a few wrinkles that weren't there before, but at least the stains are gone. With a lesson in car upholstery I can probably get those wrinkles out as well.

If the stains aren't too bad, a steam cleaner works well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Unfortunately my seats (03 xls) are extremely easy to stain aswell, my friend spilled sprite on my seat, it stained worse than I expected, water stains the seats too.

Its so bad that I'm at the point of looking for black / dark gray leather seats.

In the meantime, I went out to canadian tire to buy some armor-all oxy upholstery cleaner. It does work very well, and it makes your car smell like a nice clean hotel room. All I did was vacuum my seats a few minutes after I sprayed it on.

My seats still stain pretty bad, and I was also thinking of scotchgard.

If I decide to try it out I'll make sure I post to let everyone know if it works.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my passenger seat is stained from a sippy cup of water that slowly dripped out over an evening. irritates teh crap out of me, but im too cheap to get it professionally cleaned. i might take it in since im laid up. there is a guy here who only charges 60 bucks, for wash wax and interior. stain removal is extra, but it might be worth it. if i do get it done i will take some before and after pics. ive never used any chemicals to help prevent stains in a vehicle before.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Give the armor all oxy magic a try, I was surprised, because some of the stains are probably from my oily stained pants from metal fab at work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts