Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '01 Escape XLT..the cloth seats in it are pretty hard and I have heard good things about the leather seats in the '01s..Does anyone know how interchangeable the seats are? Could I swap out the leather seats from another escape into mine? I figure 01-04 should be the same bolt pattern to bolt them in..although the leather seats would be power I believe..would it possibly be a matter of plugging them in and adding a fuse? Or could I bolt them to my manual seat frame/slider? If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
If you didn't mind a power-less leather seat, I would suggest aftermarket leather such as Katzkin or Roadwire (not sure the name is right)... otherwise, there are plenty of leather seats off Escapes and Mariners to be had on eBay.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think you should be just fine with the leather seats with no modifications.I also don't think that FORD has changed the bolt patterns no matter what kind of tracks the car has. For the leather seats all you have to do is run a fused wire to the driver seat. You should look at some Tributes because i've seen realy nice leather seats in some of them(the junk yard is my friend)....or maybe some heated seats from a limited? I have those in mine and now with the cold they serve good. :D

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I'm not sure about the '01 but the leather seats in my '02 are very hard. I've gotten many comments about it. See if you can try them out somewhere before you buy them.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I maybe wrong, but I was under the impression that all of the E/M/Ts have firm seats. It's an SUV...not a Barcalounger, er Buick. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I tried an 05 hybrid with leather seats. They were much softer and more comfortable than my '02. I even made a point of it in a review I wrote after the test drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 02 and an 05. The bolt pattern is identical. However, the connectors for the airbags are very, very different. This was a problem for me. I had replaced the cloth seats in my 02 with leather from eBay (I posted pix on this site previously). I thought I could just take the 02 with leather and swap them into my 05, and put the nicer 05 cloth into the 02. Didn't work because of the connectors. So I bought another leather set from eBay and installed them on the 05s so now I have leather sets on both the 02 and the 05. I installed seat heater kits in both too. They work great.

So beware - the wiring is year-specific.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the info! Been driving it for a week and the seats aren't all TOO bad..heated seats would be nice tho :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting,

I was considering changing seats too, but only because of cosmetic upgrade, I found a like new leather seat package, but no power seats like mine have, so can the seats only be changed, not the mounting frames where power seat option is mounted. Just curious, I don't want to give up the power seat option.

Success to all,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts