Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I found that if I took up the floor in the rear that there is all kinds of space. The floor is held down by four bolts. Guess Ford wanted to raise up the floor in the cargo area. ?

·
Registered
293 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
I found that if I took up the floor in the rear that there is all kinds of space. The floor is held down by four bolts. Guess Ford wanted to raise up the floor in the cargo area. ?
That is there because in the Hybrid version that is where the batteries are located.

Not really a secret compartment, but in the Center console on the 08+ I sometimes put stuff under the black plastic tub that is in there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Jeff M said:
Not really a secret compartment, but in the Center console on the 08+ I sometimes put stuff under the black plastic tub that is in there.
Yeah, that's as close as we get to a "secret" compartment.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The early Escapes have a pull out drawer under the front passenger seat...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not really a secret but my 2010 has a pop out cover compartment in the trunk area on the passenger side. It houses the gas can adapter, but I've crammed a lot of stuff in there.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Jeff M said:
KCCO_773 said:
That is there because in the Hybrid version that is where the batteries are located.

That's where I keep my 9mm.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The J said:
RobtRoma said:
Interesting, I don't think my 02 XLS has this. Was it only on XLT models?
My '04 Limited doesn't have it, either. Too bad, it sounds handy.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
Jeff M said:
KCCO_773 said:

:thumb: thats where I used to keep my 45, but I figure since i don't target shoot anymore I'll keep it locked away with the 38's. How are you liking Tumwater?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The J said:
RobtRoma said:
I think it was...

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
GreatEscape2004 said:
The J said:
RobtRoma said:
My '04 Limited doesn't have it, either. Too bad, it sounds handy.
I think they got rid of it in 03 or 04. It's a hard plastic drawer and whatever I put in there would rattle and slide around. I don't use it for anything anymore...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'd tell you but then it wouldn't be a secret anymore. ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
:thumb: thats where I used to keep my 45, but I figure since i don't target shoot anymore I'll keep it locked away with the 38's. How are you liking Tumwater?[/quote]

Tumwater is a great place. It isn't to far out of the way and not right in Olympia. I just like WA in general. After 24 yrs in the Army its the perfect place for me to retire.

·
Registered
781 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
:doh: You're not supposed to tell everyone that, gosh.

Forde said:
Not really a secret but my 2010 has a pop out cover compartment in the trunk area on the passenger side.
I believe that is where the jack is stored on the hybrid models.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What?? My 9mm ratchet..sheesshhhh...it goes with my .50 wrench.. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
yeh.. :)P

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.