Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Still can't believe it even happened. :( Nope, will never forget!!!

I was in the hallway with my class when another teacher came to me and told me if I had about the Twin Towers. Of course I hadn't and the whole day, parents were coming and taking their kids out of school. I had a happy hour planned with teachers from other schools but we all talked and canceled since there was talk of terrorism. I still didn't really have a full grasp on what was happening until I got home and watched the news.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This morning is much like that fateful day. Cool, bright sunshine and beautiful blue sky. I have such vivid recollections of that day... I know I will never forget. God bless America!

·
Super Moderator
4,739 Posts
I had the day off, I remember getting up and checking the news on the internet. At first I thought it was a new movie that was being advertised. Who could believe watching those planes going into the WTC was real at first?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was in my dorm room in Earp Hall on the campus of Edinboro University of Pennsylvania the morning of 9/11/2001. I sat at my laptop and went to CNN.com as I usually did each morning, and saw a headline that changed my life forever. I then went to geography class in Cooper Hall. My professor stated "We are still having class even with the events happening in New York, we will not let these terrorists affect our lives." A few minutes later, a representative came in and said all classes were cancelled for the day. President Pogue made a speech to a packed house in the University Center explaining what happened in New York and Washington D.C. 9/11 is a day I will never forget. God bless all those who perished in the attacks. To all the men and women who have defended, are defending, and will defend this great nation, we are forever grateful for your service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was at the Jersey shore. I remember reading the sunday paper the day before, an article on the attck on the USS Cole and how they believed this guy no one had heard of called Osama Bin Laden might have planned it. I thought to myself, "Someone oughta find that guy and kill him". The next day watching that unfold after everyone went to the beach early. I watched as the first tower went down as I was feeding my 4 month old daughter breakfast. Couldnt believe what I was watching. Packed up and took her to the beach to tell everyone what was going on. No one knew but as people around us heard what the news I relayed I watched it spread down the beach. People started to pack up and leave.
What a day.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
Nuff said.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Cant remember when I saw this image but I do know that this was done by a guy living in Ontario for a competition. Needless to say, I think he won. To me it shows you dont have to be an American to feel the pain caused by this event.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I was driving to work.
Went into petrol servo, for my flavoured tea.
Did not bother to read the news paper.
There was a huge photo, of the burning twin towers.

My instincts, reacted in a second.
Just by looking at photo, i knew the world had changed drastically.
Even though i read nothing, there was an intense feeling of foreboding.
At morning tea break, my work mates explained what had transpired.

We down under, shall also never forget.
It affects all nations.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Looking down my street tonight, I see the 9-11 Tribute in Light again. I'll try to get a picture but it can be difficult. Here is a picture from Wikipedia:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was at home from school on 9-11-2001 because i was sick and i was watching a movie on TV...when the time came for the commercials to come on so i changed channels and saw something that sickned me more and changed my life forever...on CNN they had a live shot of the plane going into the second tower. I was only 12 then and i rushed into the next room to find my mom, i yelled in panic "new york...its new york come here...look whats happening to it...! She came in and said "who could have done that!" my dad soon joined in and we sat watching it all day.
I still remember that day...and always will. we will never forget.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
I was at work. My wife called me and told me what had happened. I called an acquaintance who thought I was joking. I tried to bring up the CNN website but it was jammed. I told my acquaintance to turn on the TV.

I ended up going into the conference room where we watched the Detroit affiliate showing what had happened. About noon, all non-essential personnel were told to go home and remain home for two days until they had a chance to get security details set up.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I was working from home that morning. I watched it unfold, in complete shock. After the first tower fell, I hurriedly got dressed and ran into work because I knew it would impact us. I worked for a large DoD aerospace firm, and we had many classified programs, so I knew our security would be severely tightened. We set up a couple of newsfeeds in a conference room so we could watch.

When it was done, we found that we had lost a coworker on one of the planes (RIP Chuck Jones, husband, father, former astronaut and valued coworker); also two others from our plant in VA that were working in the Pentagon. Locally, a young man from our neighborhood was also on flight 11 (David Kovalcin, left a wife and 2 daughters), and one of the co-pilots was from the town next door, across the MA border (John Ogonowski) who was a 4th generation farmer, was an active participant in the New Entry Sustainable Farming Project which helps immigrants carry on their agricultural traditions.

It's easy to become overwhelmed by the long list of names of those lost, but these were friends and neighbors. I try to remember something about those from around here, so that I remember that they weren't just names.

I will never forget.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Yep, an awful day, I was at our local airport when it happened (strange that years later I would end up working there....), and remember the radio bullitin well.

However, Sept 11th is also a bad day for the wife and myself for another reason, RIP Alex..(would have now been 3 years old) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
151 Posts
i was at school in gym class. I was in the 10th grade. Went to high school in midtown. My family came to take me out of school and I remember seeing thousands of people walking the streets of new york because the whole transit system got shut down. You could smell the smoke from where i was and u can see the huge cloud of black smoke from 100 blocks away. Very sad and aggravating. It's one of those things where u feel every kind of emotion all at once. I'll never forget it...

P.S.... see this pic of my car below? the world trade center is like 5 minutes away from there. It was clearly visible from where i work now. It's about 10-15 blocks away...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.