Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been doing some testing for my 2011 Ford Escape Parking Assist Module (the backup beeping system) and now have several ABS codes firing. I am wondering if its common to have multiple of these happen at the same time or if its more of a system issue. The codes are as follows
C1165 - RR Speed Sensor Input Circuit Failure Scan
C1235 RR Speed Sensor Input missing
C1234 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Missing
B1676 Battery Voltage out of range.

The thing that confuses me is that I just had the RR Sensor replaced less then a year ago. It shouldnt be failing already!

Hopefully someone can shed a bit of light.

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
876 Posts
Hello,
I have been doing some testing for my 2011 Ford Escape Parking Assist Module (the backup beeping system) and now have several ABS codes firing. I am wondering if its common to have multiple of these happen at the same time or if its more of a system issue. The codes are as follows
C1165 - RR Speed Sensor Input Circuit Failure Scan
C1235 RR Speed Sensor Input missing
C1234 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Missing
B1676 Battery Voltage out of range.

The thing that confuses me is that I just had the RR Sensor replaced less then a year ago. It shouldnt be failing already!

Hopefully someone can shed a bit of light.
If your 12 V battery is failing, you will get all kinds of crazy ghost codes, often all at once.

I would try an overnight trickle charge, and make sure that you're battery is reading over 13 V in the morning. Have it bench tested for load at your local auto parts store to be sure.

that is where I would start.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey It looks like the battery isnt causing the issue. trickle charged it and then drove it for a while hoping the codes would go away but nothing.
I have pulled the tires off and looked at the sensors and the Tone ring but they look good.
Anyone else think its strange that both sensors on one side went at the same time? Especially when one was replaced last year? Could it be a grounding issue?? anyone know where the grounds for these are?

· Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
876 Posts
Hey It looks like the battery isnt causing the issue. trickle charged it and then drove it for a while hoping the codes would go away but nothing.
I have pulled the tires off and looked at the sensors and the Tone ring but they look good.
Anyone else think its strange that both sensors on one side went at the same time? Especially when one was replaced last year? Could it be a grounding issue?? anyone know where the grounds for these are?
Codes often have to be cleared with a diagnostic tool, they generally do not go away on their own. I would say bingo, it is probably a common ground on that side…
That it was recently messed with, seems to be pointing the finger.
Not 100% sure where the ground is, but you should be able to follow wires

if Dwight B doesn't post the wiring diagram ( :
Message him directly if he does not respond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts