Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on shaving all the emblems, except the M logos, off my tribby in the next few weeks. Has anyone shaved the trbiute/escape logos off the front doors of the 08+? I'm just curious if they will look the same as the mariners or not and if they are glued or screwed.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks JP. I've done the fishing line in the past, but had a friend suggest I use a spatula and either a blow dryer or heat gun. I've had luck using goo-gone in the past to clean off the last bit.

Stone - Yeah de-badging it. I've had some problems with random letters or whole badges just falling off cars here, so I figure I would take them off on my own terms. Plus I kind of like a nice clean look. FYI, I live in Phoenix.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I was bored today while waiting for the holiday festivities to begin. I removed the back two badges, "Mazda" & "Tribute", with ease. However, I soon found when taking off the passenger side badge, there is at least 1 post close to the front, leading me to believe there are probably two.

So for now, my car will retain the side badges. I will take pictures once I have some time to wash it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.