Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade the shocks/struts for my 2010 Ford Escape XLT. Haven't been able to find any products for a 2010 model. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to a guy with KYB and they said they don't have anything for the rear for a 2010 Escape, the car is too new and they haven't completed the study yet. Although don't get me wrong, I hope your right and that I was misinformed. Can you send me a link to where you got your parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too bad, really was hoping I was wrong haha. Motorcraft does make some shocks for the rear, they any good? Not sure if they are really an upgrade from the OEM ones.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
JohnnyUtah said:
Too bad, really was hoping I was wrong haha. Motorcraft does make some shocks for the rear, they any good? Not sure if they are really an upgrade from the OEM ones.
Dude, Motorcraft = Ford = OEM. All of the "Big 3" have a different brand name for their parts.

Ford = Motorcraft
GM = ACDelco
Chrysler = Mopar

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unless your new 2010 shocks/struts are damaged (unlikely) you arent going to feel any difference at all with new shocks from KYB/MONROE, etc.

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps you are looking to lower or alter your suspension dramatically? If so, a simple shock replacement/tossing out brand new struts/shocks isnt the answer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts