Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 4X4 escapers. I found rear shocks for 300 includes shipping from Taiwan. 9 settings GIZ.com
Question is there is an old member on here who had a lift from them i believe and i'm wondering what he thought about the product. any help info would be very helpful. If no if I'll order them and give a review. i just don't want to order anything that is garbage.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Can you post the URL

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
AWE, I saw this setup one night of endless research for ESCAPE mods. I dunno there are no feedback links or anything to see what otheres have to say. I wonder how much

·
Registered
187 Posts
Was it a spacer lift or a spring lift? Spacer Lifts compress the springs when they are installed and can cause a bit of premature sagging as well as bottom out shocks on droop... Not that I'm saying don't lift the escape or try out these shocks... just adding my experience.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the three inch lift was approx$1000 us.
I talked to a professional rock Crawler (Carl jantz) and he said from what he can see in the pic the lift would be worth the money. Only thing is if a tire over 31" give or take was used the fender wells would have to be cut. i think i'm going to get the rear shocks. In a few weeks. :rockon:

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might be able to buy a little bit of space without having to trim by getting some wheel spacers or a rim with more backspacing. Should set the wheel out further and minimize potential contact with the wheel wells. Of course you might have to get some fender flares if they stick out too far.

I inquired about the skid plate. Lets see what they have to say. Made any progress on your skid megaescape?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just kind of stopped when the ferry's started to come in for lay-up season. I did finish the design for the rock sliders. And will get them welded up once I get a free weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got the quote back from GIZ concerning the 3" lift. $632 for the adjustable kit without the sway bar links and $638 for the kit with the sway bar links. Not too bad really for a 3" kit. Didn't quote me for the skid plate though, I'll see if I can get some more info by tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Skid plate protects the engine. From the picture it looks like it attaches to one of the support braces up front and goes back to the transmission/suspension crossmember. Also looks like its nothing more than a piece of sheet metal with a few holes drilled in it. Nothing serious. Price was $100 not including shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.