Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: My shortest duration of employment was for half a day. :) :shock: This was in between jobs. Centrelink ( Government employment agency ) sent me to a chocolate factory, as a work experience experiment.

I began at 7.00 a.m. in the morning, and clocked off at 12.00 p.m. The firm ,was at least kind enough to pay me for half a day. I knew that it was related to my image and height. Also my age group did not appeal to them. I am old enough and knew how to read between the lines. This confectionery factory is set up to cater for tourists.

Out of curiosity, i went back the next day just for a quick look around. When you are packing sweets into packaging ,the touring public can view all of this. There is something like a very clear glass shield, separating the confectionery workers from the tourists. On the production side of this shield, i observed their new employee. He must have been at least 6' tall, and had that early twenties age appearance on his face.

Also he looked quite photogenic. This would be preferable for the chocolate firm, should the tourists be taking photos. I thought to myself, " Well he is a lucky young man, with height and looks" But overalll it does not bother me. Other people might find the firms policy offending, but it made sense from the tourists perspective. Before i was paid, they were decent enough to explain their policy to me.

My perception of the situation was hilarious. But i kept the thoughts to myself. So that has been my quickest working period. ONLY HALF A DAY! :) :yahoo: :woohoo: :thumb: :hyst: :beer: :popcorn:

It was a very clean job. The other benefit, would have been definitely not physically demanding.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Mmmmm......chocolate!!!! :p Did you see any Oompa Loompas??

stone said:
Also he looked quite photogenic. This would be preferable for the chocolate firm, should the tourists be taking photos. I thought to myself, " Well he is a lucky young man, with height and looks" But overalll it does not bother me. Other people might find the firms policy offending, but it made sense from the tourists perspective. Before i was paid, they were decent enough to explain their policy to me.
What did they say??

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically that because of my past trades, they felt i was more suited to a job elsewhere.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
My shorest was 3 years as an Orderly(I didn't Like Being Bossed By 50 Women)

·
Registered
390 Posts
My shortest was 3 or 4 shifts at a local Papaya, which is a retail store for young adult women (teens to late 20s, I'd say). I hated it!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I did a 2 week stint as a go-for at a big pharmaceutical company after I went to a temp agency for work during my 1st summer at college. I subbed for the regular guy who was going on vacation. This man was easily the most blatant, bigoted jackass I ever met. It amazed me that he was employed at all with some of the things he said. I worked for the lawyers… another group of amazingly pompous A-holes. They treated me like crap. One bee-och blatantly called me fat (I was 5-11, about 210 lbs.... maybe a little chunky but not really fat). I hated that place and was so glad when it was over...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I thinking...

I don't remember working for anyplace for less than four weeks at any one job. I did work at the local GM assembly plant back in the 70s as a young man. I did get moved from one position to another. But that is what I was hired for, to fill in where they had someone call in sick or take vacation. That lasted about a year. I probably worked at 200 different jobs that year. But it was all in the same factory. :roll:

·
Registered
232 Posts
well stone i may be joining u soon im thinking about chucking in my current job
just startign to give me the shiits
cheers

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello escapedtroy. Do you have anything in mind?. Or whatever comes along? :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
I worked for a company for about an hour and a half. It was a security job freshman year of college. I went to the training seminar and then never answered their phone calls.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i worked for 4 hours at selling mens cologne door to door, that blowed, so i quit.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
abide01 said:
i worked for 4 hours at selling mens cologne door to door, that blowed, so i quit.
You should have tried Encyclopedias. Now carrying around a big book definitely blows. :bill:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.