Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a general gripe about the 08 Escape I just bought. One of the reasons I was so excited about my purchase was because the car had the 6 CD/MP3 changer installed. This was stated both in the online posting for the dealer, and on the features list posted on the car. So, imagine my surprise when I went to load up my discs and found that the disc slot would not take more than one disc! A glance through the owner's guide showed that my new escape indeed was only a single disc player.

Now, I was a little miffed at this, but since the single disc player still supports MP3 discs, I wasn't too disappointing. And since I usually listen to my ipod in the car instead of CDs, it was even less of a nuisance. But at the same time, shouldn't the dealer, of all entities, know what they're selling?!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You'd think they would! That's a bummer. Sometimes communications brake down...

We bought a Neon that the player didn't work the first time we tried it. :wall:

Ever since, anytime we make a final decision on a car, one of the things we do is test the CD player to make sure it works. In our case with the Escape we loaded and unloaded the 6 CD changer and played all the CD's.

I am jealous of the MP3 input!

And... :welcome:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
futameca said:
Ever since, anytime we make a final decision on a car, one of the things we do is test the CD player to make sure it works.
Yes, lesson learned! I realized that I definitely should have checked out everything with the car and made sure I knew what was going on with it before I signed the dotted line... but now I know what to do next time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can generally tell a 6-disc from a single disc by the fact that a 6-disc will have a button marked "LOAD"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff M said:
You can generally tell a 6-disc from a single disc by the fact that a 6-disc will have a button marked "LOAD"
That would make sense, except mine does have a button marked "LOAD"! That's probably what confused them.

I went back to the dealer, and they quickly pointed out their disclaimer for used cars which states that they are not responsible for the features they state the vehicle has, and that it is the consumer's responsibility to verify that the features exist.

Basically, "Oh that. Screw off, we know we screwed up but we take no responsibility".

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine is a single disc. It has a button marked "LOAD". You need to look at the information display. There should be an icon illustrating a row of 6 discs. I guess it fills in as you load discs. That's the only external indication that the cd player is a 6-disc model

1 - 6 of 6 Posts