Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of adding running boards/nurf bars to me Escape and am interested in seeing pics of yours!

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
u can click the pic in my sig... the factory bars look good, but i never step on them and they will get the back of ur pantleg dirty

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a few photo threads in the Pictures section of the forum. Maybe on some of those you can see the boards well.

I like mine okay, only issues I have are they catch and collect mud and fine gravel bad. After running through mud there is usually a decent accumulation up on the brackets and on top the board itself. Like has been mentioned they easily get your pants dirty. I don't know if the 2nd Gen Escapes have a better design or not.

I should have taken pics when I removed one of them this past weekend. I was looking to see if I could design a rock-slider type rail with a tubular step bar. I still think it would look nice, and be more slim than the stock bars, but overall I think it would add a lot of weight for not much more protection than the stock bars. Maybe some day I'll look into it more, but the stock set have done a good job thus far of protecting, I've bent them upwards twice already and just hopped on them a few times and they bend right back where they belong.

Megascape had a nerf bars for sale that fit a 2nd Gen I think, maybe he has some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts