Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished detailing my 2004 Escape. But ran out of tire shine. Any suggestions on what the best tire shine is? I was using turtlewax fx tire shine its a aerosol. Works good but slings a little.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to do it once in the winter so that the elements dont eat away at the paint. then Ill do a full detail job inthe spring.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Your Escape looks great !! :thumb:

Mine so needs to be detailed. This is actually the first weekend with decent weather ( got up to 70 today :) ) that we have had in quite a while. Didn't get a chance to clean the Escape.

We don't have to deal with snow, but it has been very cold prior to this weekend and I'm sure that these warm temps are very temporary. I can't wait to give mine a full detail. Lately I have been running it through the car wash once a week.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i detailed mine a few weeks ago, but by the time i drove home, and then back to the shop the next day, it didn't look any better other then parts of the pillars and the roof lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thank fully mine is sleeping in the garage till all the snow is gone right now, I detailed it before I put it away but I never took any pictures, I usually go to the local chevy dealership and detail it there since my buddy works there... mind as well use their stuff :lol: as for tire shine I usually prefer the kind you lay on with a like squeegee or something, I find the gel you spray on runs too much, nice work though!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been neglecting her for a while. She deserved a good cleaning.. I even washed and waxed under the fuel filler door and in the door jambs. The roof really needed attention.. there was so much road grime I worked on it for a hour. i even buffed out the headlights and fog lights with plastic polish by Mothers. Ohhh and it works great.. especially on the third brake lamp which gets oxidized easily.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Tire shine? I use No Touch. It's an aerosol spray that goes on bubbly and gives a nice satin sheen, which is what I prefer. It does not sling, but will not dry even unless it's over 60*F. :shrug: I also use the spray to hit the wheel wells where they are black. It seems to be dry and allows the dirt to lift and fall off as it drys. Nice even finish. Great for car shows. :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
just washed my escape because all the snow melted in this 50 degree weather but it's not shiny anymore :shrug:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i wonder if i should put up the pic i took last winter after my mid winter wash and wax and detail lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Other then runs through the car wash I don't bother with detailing in the winter. Not worth the effort. Get three miles down the road and the thing's covered with snirt.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just mine, first real wash & was in almost 2 yrs :blush:

After the ice storm last week, it was in the 70's and wanted to get the sand & salt off. It all started with the Expedition, I noticed the roof rain 'gutters'? were shoing some rust, I knew I needed to give better attention to all my cars. So after hearing everyone rave about clay bar, I got one. It did remove the roughness from the surface. I was going to go all out and do a 3 step meguers(?) on top of that, but I did a test spot and couldn't see a diff, so I just ICE'd it :D starting getting lazy. But the paint still looks new!
Shoulda pictured it, but I was to tired after cleaning the 'Scape in & out, then the Expedition, and then onto the Falcon...

As for tire, I use some purple gell stuff, smells like what the dentist puts in your mouth when you bite on that horseshoe thingy, can't remember the name tho. Seems to last a while, doesn't sling off.

edit: It's alo Meguires (?) High Gloss, lasts weeks, not days on the bottle.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Freshly detailed (outside only) took about 4 hours. Inside will be tomrrow lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Today was nice out so I washed & waxed, as well as cleaned out and vacuumed the interior! :yes: No interior pics, because I always forget :doh: and I don't feel like going back down to the garage to take em :lol: :D Oh, and the quality is kind of bad because it's from off my cell phone.

^ That sliver of gray over there is my dad's speed demon, a 2004 Chevy Malibu (yeah right ! HA! :lol: )

:D What a productive four hours.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Your garage is cleaner than my bedroom...and has better decor to boot. Where are all the tools?!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm not sure if i'm more impressed with your detailing skills or how tidy your garage is :D

I might post a picture of mine. It'll make you cringe :lol:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
first pic i thought it was parked in your living room haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts