Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna show off their systems? Let's see it!

I have a Kenwood DNX7100 touchscreen Navigation System, Alpine V12 Amp, and 2 10" subs. Here's some pics:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I like it a lot!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/inbox&page=all

I've made a few changes since these pics. I replaced the mirror with a Gentex with temp/compass/Homelink all in one etc

The Garmin section (same as the Kenwood 7100) also has XM radio so I get both XM & Sirius (Sirius wins hands down in my opinion)

~John

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Both look sweet, Scottie and jmorton!

I'm sooo jealous of jmorton's set-up!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good job Scottie and JMorton! Very classy installs on very classy Escapes... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Simple but effective system. I've got a Pioneer head unit, DEH-4800MP, pretty simple but it has MP3, sub controls, low/hi pass crossovers, and multiple input/RCA out.

I added a plug-and-play Sirius Starmate 4 satellite radio receiver, which I absolutely cannot live without. In the front doors, I replaced the stock speakers with Kenwood 6x8 components, the tweeters are installed at ear level in the sail panels. The rear doors have Pioneer 3-ways in them.

In the back I have a 12" Kenwood sub in a Q-Logic truck box, with a 110x2w Kenwood amp pushing it from under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ajax said:
Simple but effective system.
Really nice job & that is all the system that 99.9% of the drivers out there will ever need (by the way, I agree that Sirius is awesome).

I particularly like the way you setup the SUB so it isn't a monster box that negates all the space in the back (heck, if you're gonna eliminate all the space in the back you might as well drive a car that get higher mpg IMHO).

~John

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
jmorton10 said:
I particularly like the way you setup the SUB so it isn't a monster box that negates all the space in the back (heck, if you're gonna eliminate all the space in the back you might as well drive a car that get higher mpg IMHO).

~John
Bingo! The Escape fit my criteria of putting a mountain bike in while not removing the front tire. I just slide the sub to the side.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I need trunk space I just pull my subs out and set them in the living room...no big deal for me.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
...and then Callie has them for lunch.

:hyst: :bill:

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to the forums, I've got a 2006 Escape XLT. My buddy and I built the entire custom system around the idea that i wanted to be able to fold the back seat down and still be able to lay something down in it. Basically i wanted a sub on each side and not something in the middle and to take up a small amount of bass while achieving a large amount of sound....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
that looks awesome!. and i wish i had that air bag button!! cause then my daughter could ride up front with me

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is one bad *** lookin system bro! How much time it take you to do all that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, it took a lot of hard work... it took about 3 weeks of workin every night after work. we both work at custom car stereo in west ashley so we'd spend the day workin and puttin systems in other peoples cars then close up and pull mine in... hours wise around 120 - 140 hours of work... box building, fiberglass, vinyl, amp rack, neon, suede and of course tuning...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the love definitely shows! My install isn't AS clean as that and it shows that I didn't take that much time. Sure is nice to have someone around that takes that much pride in their work. Question...you wouldn't happen to have any load resistors for my LED Tail lights would ya? I need something that is like 15-25 Ohm so I can trick my relay into thinking there is a bulb there.

Check out this thread: Clicky

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Very impressive...I'm all about the lighting. :thumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
haha! For my birthday i called one of my distributors and got him to give me the cheapest sound equipment he sold... PowerAcoustik TV/DVD, PowerBass 10" sub, PowerBass 700x5 amp and Majestic 2way 6x8s. Cost me a whopping $600! WOOO. Now my 'Scape has a little bump! This system will hold me over until i decide the splurge for all the competition audio stuff i'm ordering :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
halfdazed said:
Thanks, it took a lot of hard work... it took about 3 weeks of workin every night after work. ...
It definitely shows, that is a totally awesome system.........

~John

·
Registered
333 Posts
Weezy504 said:
haha! For my birthday i called one of my distributors and got him to give me the cheapest sound equipment he sold... PowerAcoustik TV/DVD, PowerBass 10" sub, PowerBass 700x5 amp and Majestic 2way 6x8s. Cost me a whopping $600! WOOO. Now my 'Scape has a little bump! This system will hold me over until i decide the splurge for all the competition audio stuff i'm ordering :)

I had a full PowerAcoustik stereo in one of my previous cars (well, the HU was JVC Arsenal)...it sounded awesome, took a beating, got me a decent score in a db contest I tried out for, for charity, and it was inexpensive kit to buy. I would perhaps consider replacing the stock 6x8's and component sets in my 06 with PowerAcoustik kit...if I don't go with Infinity or JBL...

How is it working for you?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts