Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a reasonably practical colour on cars. Takes quite a while to show up the dirt. You don't need to wash the car too often. This shade duco is a good contrast especially if you like very dark tinted windows. I regard it as an attractive colour mostly just after a car wash. In context of road safety it has good visibility for other drivers. This colour can be seen easily during the winter or summer. Even at night the shade of silver is quite safe. :)

My current " Little Tonka"

This is the vehicle i would like to trade in on. If i am successful, my term of endearment for her will be " Little Miss Petite ."

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Geez! Why do you guys get such better looking vehicles then the rest of the world? :cuss:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MadMax. :) Not sure why that be so. My local toyota dealer had a Hilux SR5 dual cab turbo diesel in their yard. I just couldn't resist it, and asked the sales rep to take me for a test drive. Can not afford it at the moment, but i was in mental torment. He put on some trade plates. Asked him to drive me home to see how it would fit in the carport.

With all due respect, to the opposite gender on this forum i apologise in advance. :roll: I was nagged something chronic. Basically her comments were something to the effect of : " You are just like your dad" " You can't afford that " " Anyway its too big" " I am not getting into that bloody thing with you" :lol: " Its a monster " " Don't you dare sign anything, i will kill you " " You are like a dog with a bone" " Something gets stuck in your brain, and you just wont let it go. " " And how much will it cost? " " What? " " Are you stupid or something?" " Oh! stop dreaming" :cry: :rant: :( :fan: :spank:

So basically MadMax, i am in the doghouse for setting my heart on a different car. There was no screaming or arguing. Not even any yelling. But her voice was agitated and emotional. I got into a huff but in a quiet sort of way. Have calmed down by now and are not upset or depressed. But i know in my inner self that it will never let go. Will just have to be patient, and see how things progress. :shrug:

Yes! when us men incur their wrath, they definitely know how to lash it out. :) Thinking back on the previous events, i suppose it should not be taken too seriously. Must admit that there is the humurous side to it. It appears that she doesn't trust me driving it with her as a passenger. Henceforth the comment of " I am not getting into that bloody thing with you" :hyst: This is because it is actually quite a big utility. These dual cab utes have good ground clearance, so you actually are seated reasonably high. They have a rather long wheel base, plus a bit more width. It has the proper 4X4 technology as in a separate lever, so that high and low ratios can be locked in.

A limited slip rear differential and also it is rear wheel drive. Suspension on rear is leaf spring configuration. But the technology which fascinates me the most, is the Toyota 3.0 litre four cylinder turbo- charged diesel. :shades: So far, i have only been on a test drive as a passenger on two separate occasions. But eventually i would actually like to test drive it myself. :)

I think he mentioned it had about 22 kilometres on the odometer. Oh! my goodness it is just a baby. That beautiful dual cab needs accessorising to the hilt. Hilux in yard is exactly the colour i need as in ' Silver'. The motor in it is a turbo diesel. Because im a bit slack it conveniently has that automatic tranny. Plus i also liked its model designation of ' HILUX SR5. '

Basically an SR5 is the luxury version hilux dual cab. The SR is more basic. The toyota SR would be like the base version of our escape XLS. So henceforth a comparison ,would be the Toyota SR5 to our Escape XLT. :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I agree, silver looks clean even when it's dirty!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Now there's a car that you can't kill offroad :wave:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
stone said:
Thanks MadMax. :) Basically her comments were something to the effect of : " You are just like your dad" " You can't afford that " " Anyway its too big" " I am not getting into that bloody thing with you" :lol: " Its a monster " " Don't you dare sign anything, i will kill you " " You are like a dog with a bone" " Something gets stuck in your brain, and you just wont let it go. " " And how much will it cost? " " What? " " Are you stupid or something?" " Oh! stop dreaming"
Our Wives must know each other, as I get the exact same response. :(

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Big Chris said:
Dasha said:
I agree, silver looks clean even when it's dirty!
Say "Dirty" again Dasha. :drool:

:hyst: ;) :angel:
:hyst: :clap:

:bang:

OUCH!!! I was only kidding!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my old neighbors last 3 vehicles have been silver lol. it is one of my favorite colors. if he and i washed out vehicles on teh same day (his rav4) and me with my midnight metallic blue escape. his would stay cleaner looking for days longer then mine :wall: lol.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
:D TY..Just got it about a month ago. Kind of bare right now but looking to dress it up soon exterior/interior . One step at a time, got it all tuned and fluids changed out, now time to save up to customize it to look more beefed up...Will post pics as i go on... :peace:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts