Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 09 escape, since it is a fleet model it did not come with sirius. But the head unit is supposed to be sirius ready. I bought the kit from sirius p/n SCC1, and have no idea where to locate the plug in the stock head unit. Can someone help shed some light on this for me. I do tons of driving and I need my sirius.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No instructions? :confused: I mean with the head unit.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Is this what you got?

If so then it looks like that plug at the bottom left of the picture plugs into the back of the stereo. You will need to pull out the stereo and look behind there to see if there is a place for that plug...let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the one i have!

No such luck on finding the plug, I took the stereo out and didnot find a place to plug that cable into. I checked the dealer invoce and said it was sat capable. maybe it plugs somewhere else? Does anyone know where the factory installed sirius unit is on an 09 model?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No input in the back of the radio? I think the wrong radio may be in your Escape...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dealer said that If I wanted sirius hooked up, I need a diffierent radio and radio wiring harness?? uummm okay

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
well if your invoice said your vehicle is sat ready, then they get to fork out the bill to make it that way. no difference then the guy giving me the price for the escape i test drove. and when we went back in i mentioned to him that it was 4wd. he said welllll we cant do that price, i said have a nice day. and turned around. (its the escape thats in my driveway hehe) my bro in law is a salesman he said a big part of his job is not screwing up. if he sells a truck and he said that it would have such and such brand of tires, and it shows up for the factory with the wrong set. the dealership sucks it up and puts the proper tires on it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

You can usually find a Ford factory Sirius module on eBay. The '08 and newer models use the smaller, rectangular unit with three mounting holes on each side.

The only thing the Escape needs is the antenna cable, the antenna, and the extra three-finger mounting bracket.

Did you return the SCC1?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts