Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching on how to install both Sirius boxes to my Sony headunit.
How do I go about powering the SNY-SC1 to the battery? Do I just run it directly to the battery?
Would it matter that I have my amp directly to the battery? Should I worry about battery drain or something?
I am a newb at this and am trying to do some research before investing in all the components.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looking at the schematic for your setup, it looks like the 'switch leg' is contained within the SNY-SC1 unit itself. This is probably actuated by a circuit within your HU via the data link cable between the unit and the HU considering that this is a specific accessory for your HU.

Generally speaking though, you DO want to have a switch leg in a power setup. A constant power, a ground and then a switch leg that causes a relay to kick over. This allows the unit to utilze less current at startup and prevents a constant drain on your battery.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If Sony operates like my Pioneer unit, then you wire the SC1 directly to constant power (+12v) and ground. With Pioneers, the plug connecting the Sirius unit to the HU is the remote turn on. Also make sure that the SC1 power line is fused. Mine came with the fuse and you definately want it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.