Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola, peeps!

I'd like to see if anyone thinks that the site could already use a makeover. I know I'd like to put up a new header and background, and change the welcome page.

I started another forum (Tesla-Central, one of at least two more forums I'm getting ready) using another "skin" with a black background. I like some of the features of that skin, but I think I'd like to keep the white/light text areas for this site.

If I put up a new skin in the next few days, please let me know what you think in this thread. I'd put up a poll, but I'd rather hear your opinions, if you have them. I'll try not to make the site change too shocking. All of the posts, threads, members, and all of your preferences will remain the same.

Thanks to Kiki for the artwork she did. The new header looks even better, as you'll see when it goes up.

Thanks again!

-JP

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
JP !!!! That forum looks great. The black is easier on the eyes I think too. But I'm sure not all will like it. It does not look like your ordinary canned forum that is for sure. :thumb:

Looks like you need more members over there though. :hyst:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Could we get hot pink over here?

Just kidding!! ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Can't wait to see what you're gonna do with the place!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Surfscape said:
JP !!!! That forum looks great. The black is easier on the eyes I think too.
I agree with Pete. I have to turn the brightness down on here as it tends to make me squint a bit. Not knocking the layout, but a dark(er) background would cure that. :clap:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Big Chris said:
Surfscape said:
I agree with Pete. I have to turn the brightness down on here as it tends to make me squint a bit. Not knocking the layout, but a dark(er) background would cure that. :clap:
Do you turn it north/south or east/west?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Kiki said:
Big Chris said:
Surfscape said:
Do you turn it north/south or east/west?
Ho ho ho. :doh:

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesn't that depend on the button layout?

;)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Sensational! Testing Experimenting. A Is this text font too large? Or keep it at default of " Normal" size? Back to normal again :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I belong to a couple of other forums. One has a black skin. And they use white lettering. Essentially negative image of this forum now. It is OK, but the problem with a dark forum skin is it is tiring for the eyes. I don't claim to be an expert. Just that I was told about this issue, and sure enough. I spent a couple hours on that forum catching up due to not going there. And my eyes look like road maps. Just a consideration.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
You are absolutely right, jonas1022, about the white on black. I think, not sure exactly, but I think that JP was looking at some that used off-shite or eggshell colored text, which is a little bit easier to read, or maybe even stay with the black on white like we have now with the black skin.

Whatever JP has cooked up for us it'll be excellent!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
It's like having a modern day female and male Houdini on here. Kiki has graphic skills. JPark enables the technical knowledge. They are to all intents a talented duo.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
stone said:
It's like having a modern day female and male Houdini on here. Kiki has graphic skills. JPark enables the technical knowledge. They are to all intents a talented duo.
I have to say, though, that there were a lot of folks involved with getting this site up and running and looking the way it does now. Thanks for your kind words.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, thanks! Much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I personally like dark skins better...my $.02

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I love the new forum design you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :yahoo:

:beer:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are there more site changes in store?

Love what you're doing with the place... <wipes feet before entering> :play:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Watch out for the wet paint (again)!!

Love the look, jp!! :beer:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the pale grey for each post needs to change as well. Kinda clashes with the new background.

Please don't hate me for criticizing... :cry:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Dasha said:
Watch out for the wet paint (again)!!

Love the look, jp!! :beer:
And the graphics are awesome, Kiki!!! :beer: :heart: :beer:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts