Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is some kind of skid plate to protect the bottom of the engine area so I don't get mud etc up in the engine?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sounds like a deal

·
Registered
64 Posts
definetly interested as well...dont have the time or patience for fabrication.And i just changed my fuel filter and it is right out in the wide open ready to be smacked......

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
just let me know what you want. I just need the year of the "E"
Here is what I did with mine.
skid for all the lines running along the driver side and then a skid for the oil pan, alt etc...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
depends on what you want it made of?
Aluminium , stainless, cold roll is the least spendy but you'd have to sand it all down and zinc coat it. Stainless would last longest but is pretty spendy.
I like aluminium because it lasts and it gives a little more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's pretty badass megaescape! Have any more pictures of it? I'm curious to see where it mounts in the front and in the rear. I take it that necessitates dropping the skid plate to do an oil change?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I was thinking of that. For the '08 I can actually just cut out a 8X8 section give or take, put a flange on the section that I cut out and bolt in an access. It would be pretty easy. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How hard is it to install/uninstall if I need to do any work from the bottom of the engine? How much are we talking for aluminum? I live in Chicago.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
awptimist said:
That's pretty badass megaescape! Have any more pictures of it? I'm curious to see where it mounts in the front and in the rear. I take it that necessitates dropping the skid plate to do an oil change?
+1! Thats pretty sweet, also better air flow underneath ;)

So how about a 2005? And I was wondering about the oil change issue as well.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
for shipping I need to get zip codes, Once I receive the zip codes i'll check prices on the metal. If it's not a 2008 I'll have to do some research.

Okay, or I can tell you exactly what you need to do, if you can get the metal. you can do this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My zip is 60067, but I need to know how easy is the install. I have an 01 V6 4x4.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
depending on the unit-body and the cross members it's pretty easy. I'll find an '01 and look. Get back to you on Friday nite or Sat morning. I'll put a flange and access to get to the oil filter as well. I'll PM you prices and all that good stuff sat for sure.
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Prices are 48 shipping anywhere up to IL. 37.50 for the aluminum and 35 for my time. total price is 120.00 for the skidplate

·
Registered
197 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. If I can ever save some money :roll: , I'll have to take you up on that.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would be interested in buying one off you. I would like to see what it would look like. Would it come up the front bumper a little? or would it just cover the bottom of the engine area?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Careful Phil you may have just found a new career :lol:

If I wasn't working on the Bronco I'd want one of these as well, but I need to save my auto mod dollars for the other 4x4 for now. :calvin:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Right now with the way the State is treating the Metal Trades any extra money will help. :)

The 30 " comes up underneith the bumper.
I'll have pics up sat with the bolt pattern. It would be very helpful if anybody interested can take a pic of the front under carriage of the rig. I think the unit body remains the the same but am not sure.

For those of you with a bull bar it mounts right to the bull bar and the cross member on the unit frame.
Without the bull bar I have brackets that will allow you to mount the frame.
Very simple bolt on. All you have to do is drill the hole and bolt it up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts