Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in IE6. :mad:

Clicking on it just brings me to the top of the page. If you could just change the image tooltip to what I need to type, I can live with it.

Oh, and that problem with the smilies where they push the message body textbox down the page is happening to me now. I can't find that thread anymore. The problem looks like the "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS" smiley is too wide. In 800x600 resolution, I only have space for "WITHOUT PICS". Oh well.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
IE6 also does some funky stuff with the borders. W3.ORG says that I'm compliant. I'll try to boot into my Windows 2000 partition tomorrow to see what's going on.

Maybe we could separate the less-used smilies into their own "more..." popup, like we tried several months ago.

I did resize the text box 5% to the left.

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you'll be able to get the textbox to fit with my 800x600 resolution - it looks like a 40% resize to jam it in there. It's not that annoying, just one of the quirks of browsing with old technology.

I'd like to figure out a way to use the smilies though. All I remember are :) :( :mad: and :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

I could send you a 22" widescreen...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I'll take another!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, NT4 has been banished to a disk image for now. I have OpenBSD installed on that laptop and am now using a text-based browser. This is like really cool DOS :lol:

Oh, and smilies still don't work. I can't even see them now. :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The Smilies recently worked out a collective bargaining agreement that only allows them to work on more common browsers.

They usually strike, protest, or stage sit-ins on socialized, open-source browsers.

:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts