Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was stuck at the entrance to my neighborhood (I was leaving) for like an hour waiting for Triple AAA! :lol:

^ other, good side!

^ nice Triple AAA man changing my tire!

^ oh noes, the dreaded donut! :lol: :lol: :D

^ in the shop with the donut!

^ good as new!

:D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
All's well that ends well. :thumb:
Thanks for the pics!!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Was that a new tire or did you get the old one repaired?

Maybe it's time to brush up on spare-changing skills. :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Or get Squishy's number and have him come and rescue you. He likes cookies. :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol:

I hit a pointy rock (well, a bunch of them) on the the interstate coming home from school today (okay, more like a local byway at 65+ mph), and tore a 1-inch gash in that tire = unfixable according the the Triple AAA guy :lol:
So I got a new one. But the others have less than 5,000 miles on them so they won't be very unbalanced in terms of wear eventually.

And, Squishy, apart from the minor problem that we are separated by ...several thousand miles, I'd be happy to give you cookies to change my tire :D
No spare-changing skills needed, I am a girl with Triple AAA! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Girl + AAA = No broken finger nails... :tumble:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
(C)AA response time here is pretty crappy. Depending on the location and the weather, it could take up to four hours.

It's a good thing to know how to do, especially given that the AAA guy chocked the wrong wheel... :lol:

Unless he chocked both rear wheels?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Good eye Squishy! :thumb:

You get one "atta boy" for noticing! :p

Remember, one "Aw sh*t!" Wipes the slat clean... :calvin:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The wheel chock should be behind the diagonally opposing tire, which in this case would be the left rear tire.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lol: I didn't even know thats what they were called. I thought they were just blocks of wood!
He did both :D

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
:lol: Well they are just blocks of wood. Looks like a 4x4x2 (4 inch by 4 inch cross section, 2 feet long), but it's a "wheel chock" because it's used to keep the wheels from rolling back. I have a piece of 4x4x3 in my trunk which I've used as a chock before.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had AAA got a flat once, below zero weather.......all i'll say is i ended up :frozen: and doing it myself. and the tow company was still no where to be found.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Wingsfan said:
I had AAA got a flat once, below zero weather.......all i'll say is i ended up :frozen: and doing it myself. and the tow company was still no where to be found.
Bummer! I hate being a human popsickle :mad: .
I suppose that's why I moved to Texas as soon as I could. Very little really cold weather. :thumb:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, although I had to wait awhile, it was nice out (60F) so I was lucky. And the AAA lady kept calling back to tell me he was on his way, 10 mins away, and to check up on me once he was there and done too :thumb:
Good experience overall. And got a new tire out of it with Daddy's money!! :D :peace:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Squishy said:
:lol: Well they are just blocks of wood. Looks like a 4x4x2 (4 inch by 4 inch cross section, 2 feet long), but it's a "wheel chock" because it's used to keep the wheels from rolling back. I have a piece of 4x4x3 in my trunk which I've used as a chock before.
So is the block a chock or is the chock a block?? :confused:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts