Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not sure about the escapes from the other parts of the world but here in aus mine came with privacy glass on the back and factory tint on the front windows, well any way today i got 15% tint put over the front windows and 20% over the back. had to leave the factory tint on the front but it looks awsome
ill post soem pics soon well thats my story for the day
cheers

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Lookin' forward to your pics!!

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there u go in my signature ill try to do a better rezise job lol
alot darker than b4
cheers

·
Registered
781 Posts
It looks good, but how's the visibility? I stuck to 33% on the front doors, not just because it's the law, but because I had some heavily tinted windows on my old Falcon and hated driving at night. Maybe that was because I had no side mirrors. :shrug:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I like your re-tinted windows escapedtroy. You mentioned a " falcon " 6foot9inchmonster. Whereabouts you residing? Down under here, or over in america?

If you are living in america, my guess is that you had an american ford, which our ozzie falcon was based on. :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Your Escape looks great, escapedtroy!! :thumb: :thumb:

FYI~ 6foot lives in Arizona.....he knows a lot about ...uh, rabbits.

:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
looking good, been thinking about getting the rears done on mine. law prevents any tint over the factory %age on the front side windows which means we are stuck with that 'van' look but i do like the extra feeling of security it gives.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Dasha said:
FYI~ 6foot lives in Arizona.....he knows a lot about ...uh, rabbits.
To say the least.

I owned a 1964 Falcon Futura. 170 c.u. with a 2spd auto. Yeah, I was surprised to see Falcons when I was in Australia a few years back. Glad the name continues.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
falcons name continueing lol mate they are a bloody great car the newer xr6t which is an inline 6 cyliner turbo is awsome
cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would anyone happen to know what the factory % is on the front of an 08'...??? i need my fronts done and don't wanna go over the limit, would love to at least match the rest of the privacy tint. Mass. is awful and u cant go over 35%.. :mad:

thx.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Depending on who you talk to, factory tint on the rear windows is 15-20%. I've heard "reliable" sources say 18%.

I've heard that the fronts are 5%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
THX Jpark.. At some point when i go to do it i'll have them use a meter on it first, reason i ask tho is most tint shops around here only carry 35% and 50%, which is perfect.. (if your fronts are 0% perfectly clear).... soooo gettin 35% tint will actually make it 30% and that'll get me a $$200 ticket.

Lesson learned from my wifes audi, tint $150, birthday card $4.50, ticket after pulled over $$200, spending $354.50 and ending up back where i started....priceless!! (she liked the card tho, ha ha) :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Ouch!!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
ES CAPE said:
THX Jpark.. At some point when i go to do it i'll have them use a meter on it first, reason i ask tho is most tint shops around here only carry 35% and 50%, which is perfect.. (if your fronts are 0% perfectly clear).... soooo gettin 35% tint will actually make it 30% and that'll get me a $$200 ticket.

Lesson learned from my wifes audi, tint $150, birthday card $4.50, ticket after pulled over $$200, spending $354.50 and ending up back where i started....priceless!! (she liked the card tho, ha ha) :shrug:
I did not know that they still did a clear untinted glass from the factory any longer. I am thinking that the a/c cars have 15%. Non a/c cars are 5%. You can tell by running your window down a little and you will see the tint if it is there comparing to the no glass area you are looking through. It is also good to do this looking at a white painted surface in the foreground. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts