13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for 87 octane gas??

Austin, TX $3.15

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
$3.29 in Orlando, Florida.

I think we might as well get used to it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
109.9/L

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I paid $3.03 last night in Mew Milford, NJ (near Hackensack, ack, ack, ack, ack... you know, the place Billy Joel signs about in Anthony's Song). This morning most of the stations around me are around $3.09 - $3.15 With me averaging 13-16 mpg it's getting really costly. I hit $40 for a fillup for the first time last night... :(

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
RobtRoma said:
I paid $3.03 last night in Mew Milford, NJ (near Hackensack, ack, ack, ack, ack... you know, the place Billy Joel signs about in Anthony's Song). This morning most of the stations around me are around $3.09 - $3.15 With me averaging 13-16 mpg it's getting really costly. I hit $40 for a fillup for the first time last night... :(
Why is your mileage so poor? I don't recall hearing of mileage like that. Have you had it checked? Has it always gotten 13-16? Mine averages 20, going between 19 and 22. Yikes!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Kiki said:
Why is your mileage so poor? I don't recall hearing of mileage like that. Have you had it checked? Has it always gotten 13-16? Mine averages 20, going between 19 and 22. Yikes!
It's a combination of things... not the least of which is my led foot. :doh: I also do very little highway driving (20% highway at best) and my commute to and from work is all stop and go with a bunch of traffic lights and school zones. When I first got the thing, I averaged closer to 18 mpg but about half of my driving was on the highway. Every once in a long while I'll do a long relaxed trip and I'll get in the 18-21 range...

·
Registered
231 Posts
in new orleans i'm payin about 3.20 or so... i get about 24, mostly city driving :shock2:

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's $1.27.9 / litre at the moment.

In the morning it will probably jump to $1.39.9 which equates to about $6.40 an imp gallon (i think).

It won't be long before it costs me $100 to fill the tank - It cost $89 to fill it the other week.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey Latan.

Just wondering what is your average L/100 is in the Teritorry? A friend of mine claims he get 11.9L/100 CITY. I don't really see how that is possible but you never know...

·
Registered
176 Posts
We are in the 3.25 area right now. The scary thing is that Diesel is over 4.00 gal.

And Exxon is making Record profits of any US company ever. They must be sooo happy and sooo rich.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
$3.38 last I looked.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Kiki said:
It's a combination of things... not the least of which is my led foot. :doh: I also do very little highway driving (20% highway at best) and my commute to and from work is all stop and go with a bunch of traffic lights and school zones. When I first got the thing, I averaged closer to 18 mpg but about half of my driving was on the highway. Every once in a long while I'll do a long relaxed trip and I'll get in the 18-21 range...
Ooooh, I think the heavy foot might be the biggest culprit, but they are fun to drive, aren't they?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
In Wilmington, I am paying $3.319. The cost of diesel is $3.959. :shock2: :shock2:

I am getting about 18 - 19 mpg on average. Still an expensive proposition to fill the tank.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
cbramsey said:
In Wilmington, I am paying $3.319. The cost of diesel is $3.959. :shock2: :shock2:

I am getting about 18 - 19 mpg on average. Still an expensive proposition to fill the tank.
Ya know, it IS expensive to fill the tank on these little SUVs, but when you see what it costs some of the other larger SUV owners to fill up, it makes me very happy to have what I have. The thing is that there's no way to recoup the cost of switching to a more gas-efficient vehicle, and I wouldn't really want to anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I think some of us are getting the same mileage as the Explorers :(

1 - 20 of 1753 Posts