Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right folks, I sold my Escape and bought an LJ. For a damn good price I might add.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...

This thing walks over stuff my escape struggled on. Night and Day difference.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
my wife almost convinced me to get a 4dr jeep. it was pretty close to trading the escape, but because of the prices, my negative equity is higher then i would have liked. my buddy has the LJ its way more stable then a TJ or YJ.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Unlimited, looking good! Pretty nice ride if you do allot of trail driving for giggles and grins.

Just not for us. I seriously looked at a 02 Cherokee. But the wife wanted new. There is nothing wifey about a Jeep, except for the Liberty. And that thing has tiny footwells, and a crappy V-6 engine.

I'm glad to see you got one with the striaght six. Excellent engine imo. Is it still stock, or has it had some mods done to it?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats on the Jeep! My hubby has one and it's a lot of fun to drive!! Stick around the City!! :beer:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hi 02escape. Congratulations with the jeep. Because of finances i have to keep my escape. I have discontinued offroading on mud tracks. My service tech explained to me exactly why, our escapes are not a dedicated 4x4 vehicle. He indicated that i was fortunate ,in not having my auto gearbox or the trans axle being rebuilt. Luckily for me only the gearbox oil was cooked, so henceforth it was drained and replaced.

He advised me that other people ,with earlier model escapes had their transaxles and gearboxes repaired. Obviously i comprehend why you purchased the jeep. It is specifically a full on 4x4 car. You would have that separate gear lever, to enable high or low ratio when offroading. I am guessing you have a manual gearbox.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Congratulations on joining the "eco-friendly" wing of the City!!!

Camus would be proud!!!! :peace:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes.....Eco freindly... :lol:

Anyway, no, it is an automatic. I couldn't imagine driving in 4LO with a stick. It is jumpy as it is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some from tonight; (I REALLY need to get a new camera and stop using my mom's.)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Nice looking Jeep. I definitely would not drive an Escape where you put that Jeep, it would be hard to get the tow vehicle in there to pull her out :hyst: Jeeps are good for off roading for sure, it's just too bad they're gas mileage is so bad. Enjoy yourself out there!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
awesome shots!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
My next vehicle will definitely be a jeep! You getting that and showing the pictures is making me want to get one now!! lol I will try my best to hold off but a Jeep is definitely in my future.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I let my best friend drive it the other day off road and now he is looking into getting one. He was hooked on the first crawl around the area in 4Lo. :drool:

He said that he never had the desire to drive the Escape because of the limitations it had. Soon as I took him the first obsticles in 4Hi and 4Lo, he was just amazed at how well it handled it when it was completely stock.

/Jeep commercial :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Anything more than just eyeing, and Jama will take away your wallet. And I'll need the instrument cluster returned for de-fitting the LED retrofit.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I eye a lot of things....good quote to remember:

Just because you can't have what's for dinner doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I eye a lot of things....good quote to remember:

Just because you can't have what's for dinner doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

:bill:
Isn't that the truth! I look at the menu on a regular basis. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I just look it usually ends up in buying....heck, look at what happend when I "eyed" this Jeep. :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts