Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I hear my car is dripping everyday when I got home. I look around and try to locate where the sound is from. I found it is at the bottom of the car, in a box-like thing. I didn't see liquid dropping onto the ground when I found the sound. Looks like it's dripping inside.
Does anyone know what cause this dripping? Is it severe? Thank you so much!
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is the rear catalytic converter.
The converter gets very hot, and has an outer shell with space around the converter to create an air gap. The air can get heated, causing condensation, which has to go somewhere.
You see that happen on mufflers, and sometimes actually out the exhaust pipe on some cars
You usually don't see it as it drips off in traffic.
How long is your drive and locale?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The converter gets very hot, and has an outer shell with space around the converter to create an air gap. The air can get heated, causing condensation, which has to go somewhere.
You see that happen on mufflers, and sometimes actually out the exhaust pipe on some cars

It drips quite often, sometimes after 30 miles of driving I can hear it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think I get it now. Thanks Dave!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts