Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from playing yesterday. I had fun up to the point of me driving home, hitting a block of wood and cracking the oil pan.. :cuss: She bled out about a quart of oil on the way home and lost another 2 or 3 quarts last night sitting with an oil pan underneath it. I called up my friend and am going to pick up all of the new parts tomorrow from Ford, $136 for new oil pan, gasket, studs and nuts. I am just going to do the work myself in the garage. So here are the new pics, nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. (I had a feeling something was going to go horribly wrong so I stayed mellow out there....just to have something bad happen on the way back.)

And here is some blood from the Escape:

(the exhaust hit the pan causing the actuall crack.)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, is it just me, or does the side bar thing with our names and info on the right block out stuff?? It does it on mine and its annoying.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
The "side bar thing" only cuts out part of your pics if your Window is reduced. If it's full screen you see a lot more of the pic. Unless the pic is so big that it has to be cropped to fit even the full screen. try resizing your pics before posting. BTW went off-roading with a friend Saturday, he suggested a particularly rough trail and I replied that the Trib did not have a skid plate or I would. Sorry to hear of your mishap.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Great pics bud! If you get a chance document taking apart your oil pan and post a how-to up! That would be a great addition!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got the oil pan today, I will be taking a lot of pics and what not. I will start a little later tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
It should not take too long, pretty easy to do. You'll likely need to drop the front exhaust pipe (connects to the manifold right by the oil filter) to get good access to the pan bolts and have room drop the pan. If you do use a penetrating oil ... These studs usually break :wall: so have some bolts and nuts ready. You can gently hammer out the broken stub and replace it with a bolt, nut and lock washer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surfscape said:
It should not take too long, pretty easy to do. You'll likely need to drop the front exhaust pipe (connects to the manifold right by the oil filter) to get good access to the pan bolts and have room drop the pan. If you do use a penetrating oil ... These studs usually break :wall: so have some bolts and nuts ready. You can gently hammer out the broken stub and replace it with a bolt, nut and lock washer.
I figured I would have to drop the exhaust since its right in the way. Oh, and I had a feeling they were going to break so I made sure I orderd the Oil Pan Assembly, that way it comes with the new gasket, oil pan, and all new bolts. Since its a package thing, its a little bit cheaper. I will take pics of the pan before instal and I will also get you guys the part numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
You won't have any problems with the pan bolts but the exhaust bolts get welded up pretty good so those are the spares I would have on hand as needed.

Good luck. It takes me about 15 minutes (half of that is jacking the front up)(and opening ma beer :blush: ) to have the pan off so it should not be problem.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
...or three.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts