Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as you know, I detailed and took new pics of my truck on here a few days ago, but on that same night, someone tried to break into and steal my truck. The driver's side mirror door trim is broken off 3/4 and there is damage to the weather moulding underneath it too. My Neighbour said someone stole here Caravan last year (the police found it later on the same day it was reported stolen), and that they got into her van the same way, by forcing their way behind the mirror to open the door without breaking the glass or setting off the alarm.

Man was I grumpy after seeing that. Now I have to get that fixed too...

L8tz

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! I hope your day gets better!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Yikes, sorry to hear that. On the bright side, the glass was not broken. Last year (or was it two years ago) I had my window either accidentally shattered by people moving out, hit with a BB, or it spontaeously shattered in our -40'C weather. Nothing was stolen even though my laptop was in plain sight, but now I check on my car every time I hear a car alarm.

Can you get the trim piece from a junkyard Escape and pop it in yourself?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
I am sorry to hear some idiot tried to break in. Last year, some :censor: idiot did a "smash and grab" while in my company parking lot. I lost a wonderful GPS unit.

I miss Jill... :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man.. Might be a good idea to invest in one of those tracking devices you can mount to your car, or an upgraded alarm.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I feel your pain. Just last year someone threw a hard trash can into the back of my pickups cab, breaking out the rear window. Nothing was taken. Just someone driving about with nothing better to do than destroy property. :cuss:

I'm with BC. I hope they have a healing over of the arse hole.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Yikes, what a bummer!!! So sorry to hear 'bout that! Poor L'il Lincoln!!!
:censor: scumbag!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I hope the scum gets caught.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Definitely sad people out there. Eventually who ever is responsible for it, their negative karma will reflect back on them.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
stone said:
Definitely sad people out there. Eventually who ever is responsible for it, their negative karma will reflect back on them.
I hear Culture Club!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Dasha said:
Yikes, what a bummer!!! So sorry to hear 'bout that! Poor L'il Lincoln!!!
:censor: scumbag!!!!!
I love it when you get angry! :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
stone said:
Is that kind of like my karma ran over your dogma?!?!? :confused: :confused: ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts