Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what i was doing for the past week.Tell me what you guys think!!!

The driver side has been opened and painted,and i've also removed the reflector.
I can't wait to install them.!!

this is the car that are going to be on.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Those will look great.

You think you could post a tutorial on how you did it? I believe there is another post asking about this exact thing and a how to.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post some pics when i'll open the second one. There is not much to explain other then buy a heat gun(harbor freight for 9 bucks) and heat up the seam.Then use a wide tool and gently try to separate the glass from the housing.when done just clamp the glass to the housing and start heating the seam again.After the sealer gets soft start pushing the glass in.
The paint is duplicolor black caliper paint.Be very patient if you do it! You can also put it in the oven at 220 for 8 minutes. if you use the oven,use aluminum foil under the lamp and put it on the top shelf.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got in the house and this is how far i got with the lights.I like the way they look in black with blue bulbs.

I also needed to share with you guys...............as a teaser! :D
I will post more pics after it's all done!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys time to upgrade!! These are the last photos i have so far.I realy like the way it looks right now.
So let me know what you guys think.I also have the upgraded wiring done for the high beams(thanks to jpark) :yahoo: .All i need to do is to run a wire to the dash so i can make the high beam indicator work again!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

AND SOME PICS DURING THE CARNAGE :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Very nice. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts