Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I haven't been as active on the forum lately, but that is because I have been creating my eldest son's Xmas present, will let the following pictures show you what I've achieved, mainly thanks to the products sold by Hornby Railways............

It's a OO Gauge ( 1/76th scale ) model railway , measuring 6' X 4', and has taken 2 months to complete, and is installed in our box room, but that little smiling face has made it all worthwhile :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
That's awesome, camus!!! :thumb: :thumb: The wee one looks sooo excited and cute!!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i had a train set when I was a kid it was pretty cool, the track was mounted to a 4x8 sheet of plywood, that could hing up and lock against the wall. needless to say it was no where near as elaborate as your set up, but it worked and put a smile on my face lol. i cant wait till my son gets old enough to play with things like that, i love my daughter, but im honestly tired of dolls and high school musical :popcorn:

·
Registered
297 Posts
"for your son" eh? - righteo.... :)

i watched 'James May's Top Toys' earlier which promptly made me trawl ebay for Scalextrix and Train sets....

Hope we have a boy some time so i can relive my youth ;) lol

BTW.. call that a train set???? - Pete (pop guru) Waterman was featured on the aforememtioned programme.... (approx 01:20 onwards)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arbs said:
"for your son" eh? - righteo.... :)

i watched 'James May's Top Toys' earlier which promptly made me trawl ebay for Scalextrix and Train sets....

Hope we have a boy some time so i can relive my youth ;) lol

BTW.. call that a train set???? - Pete (pop guru) Waterman was featured on the aforememtioned programme.... (approx 01:20 onwards)
I must admit that I too have been trawling eBay for the old Hornby trainsets, Dinky & Matchbox toys that I'd had as a child, have been only slightly successful, as I want them to be mint and boxed, managed to get a couple of Hornby trainsets from circa 1976, they go on the layout, James May style, when the child has gone to bed :whistle: :play: :play:

As for Pete Waterman, met him a few times, really nice guy, at least suffering all those Kylie Minogue records :stifle: :barf: resulted in railway history being saved, and the re creation of Leamington Spa in O Gauge

·
Registered
781 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Dinky & Matchbox toys
I loved Dinky toys. I used to play with the ones my dad had as a kid. Way better than Matchbox, in my opinion.

·
Registered
370 Posts
very nice camus. :shades:

·
Registered
464 Posts
No childhood is complete without Thomas The Tank Engine :D :D :D :lol:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tribby said:
No childhood is complete without Thomas The Tank Engine :D :D :D :lol:
Or indeed, a Father who is basically a big child himself :D

But thanks for all your kind comments :kneel:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have to say it does look good.

I believe a train set is only as good as the trees, fields, buildings etc that it's set in. And yours looks like a particularly good example. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
My nephew would do flips for a set like that... especially if it came with a Thomas train. Very nice. I hope you and little Cam enjoy it for a long time!

·
Registered
232 Posts
so whos the fat controller lol

just mucking around
mate u must have some space in ur place to set this thing up
well done ur kids face is what makes it matter
cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
Back at home, I had been collecting HO Scale electric trains since forever, and was planning to build it all one day... however, the time never came around. I must have over $11,000 worth of HO scale stuff down in the crawl space.... man if I ever put it together it would be killer!

Camus, that looks exceptional! I bet your little guy can't let go of it since Christmas!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The role of Fat Controller is a constant battle between my son, me, and my father :box: :lol: ;)

Also, the layout is undergoing slight re development based upon operating experience :worry:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts